tuscl

Miami 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
MIAMI-DADE, Fla. - A man died during a shooting at a strip club on Saturday, according to police.

There was panic and chaos at Coco's Nightclub at 1430 NW 119 St., near North Miami.

A woman was crying. A man was on the ground bleeding. The red velvet rope was on the ground, as people ran out of the club.

"Call the police," a man shouted. "This [expletive] is crazy man. Oh my God! Oh my God! He is gone! He is gone!"

A crowd surrounded the man's body until police arrived. Hours after the shooting, there was blood on the sidewalk outside of the club.

26 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Shit in Miami is out of hand - shootings all over the place - we need a Gulliani style strong hand b/c the criminals down here are acting unabated and all the authorities do is show up after the fact, this is what happens when you go soft on crime
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I've hit this club in the past but it is not currently in my rotation and I haven't been there probably in a year+
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Wasn't me
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Seems like almost every black club in South FL has had a murder or shootings in the recent past, major reason I rarely visit st night anymore, a few thugs that don't give a shit mess it up for everyone
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Just watched my local news, apparently the club was packed in the early morning hours and a brawl broke-out inside which spilled outside and that is when the person got shot
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    VM is in town best watch out ; )
  • motownkid
    8 years ago
    Right on Papi - all the Miami clubs but especially this club, the office and the Mint (hate to say it) - russian roulette after 1AM - the lease little disrespect and it is on. I stopped going to these clubs late at night - just to crazy - sucks for the dancers too. The worry is if this keeps happening - local governments may try to crack down on the clubs in other ways to make a political splash - never addressing the problem in the streets. One thing for sure - no one and I mean no one will come forward to identify perpetrators. Happens every day in broad daylight in the mean streets of Miami and no one sees anything. You can't blame them...
  • motownkid
    8 years ago
    Thanks Shadow for staying on top of these stories - I did not hear about this. Thanks
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I didn't do it
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    @Papi@Motown. It's really the fault of the clubs for not providing proper security they know who the problem makers are they need to keep them away. Even if they need to pay Miami PD for an overtime detail. The better clubs do this and there is rarely a problem at the well run establishments.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    The authorities in Miami-Dade county are taking too-much of a hands-off approach
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    LOL, it wasn't me, twentyfive, I was at Tootsies for the meetup.
  • motownkid
    8 years ago
    25 - I agree to some extent - just keep in mind that club has or had the most sophisticated metal detection system in Florida - equivalent to going through an airport. You literally had to take off your belt to go through the scanner. Not sure if they still have that in place as it has been close to a year since I have been to Coco's. They instituted that after the last shooting. I doubt one policemen will work that job by themselves - they would probably require a minimum of two and possibly three. Expensive for a club like that struggling to hang on with competition from close Miami clubs. It is that area and that part of Miami - almost unmanageable.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    It isn't just in the clubs. I guess Miami has it's own personal "inner city". :(
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    Before I "retired", I had to work in that area, and sometimes at night. I would NEVER go in alone. I would meet security outside the area and let them follow me in. Sometimes, if I didn't like the situation, I just refused to work in the area.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    AFAIK none of the shootings have occurred inside the clubs b/c all these clubs aggressively frisk and some wand on top or have walk-through metal detectors - all the shootings I've heard have happened outside in the parking lot or driving away from the club
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    There's been A LOT of shootings in that area and its surroundings in the past year including innocent children getting killed in the cross-fire
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    I haven't been to Coco's in at least 20 years. It has always been sketchy. That was part of what I liked about it.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Years back when I was in my twenties and thirties I lived in NYC and we had plenty of clubs in sketchy areas, I worked for some guys that owned different types of clubs, disco type places and they would get large crowds on weekend nights, it's true that there weren't so many folks with guns but still it would get rowdy at times. We had people controlling the crowds both inside and outside the clubs. Some of these guys that we would have on hand would rotate inside and outside all night, first sign of trouble anywhere from 6-8 guys would just shut the troublemakers down. Now my take on this is simple, if you are going to operate an establishment that draws large sometimes rowdy groups of young guys it is just irresponsible not to be prepared for anything and if you can't afford to keep your patrons safe than you have no business operating a club.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ good point
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    Perhaps a "prison yard" environment would help. Two or three expert marksmen in towers with their trusty ARs overlooking the parking lot would do the job.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Or they could hire Patrick Swayze to be the cooler.
  • motownkid
    8 years ago
    25 - Getting rowdy is one thing - gunshots a totally different thing. These clubs have security inside and out - drive bys and surprise shootings - very hard to control - almost impossible. That part of Miami will always be dangerous and violent.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    @motown The guys I was talking about had the ability to put the word out, and very few would mess with them. Trust me, my use of rowdy was an euphemism, and the money that was made in these clubs was spread around in ways to ensure that there were none of these surprises, I have been in that part of Miami and plenty of other places like that and there is influence if you know where to find it.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    It wasn't me
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Juice, bad news, they got your DNA one the gun, :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion