tuscl

Illegal strip club bust.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
DeKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- An illegal strip club at a home in Dekalb County has been shut down by police.

Several people were arrested and police said a lot of drugs were found in the home.

Police said it was a concerned neighbor who first tipped them off.

What was so concerning to them is a day care across the street and a church just two doors down.

Investigators said they first received a complaint more than a month ago.

During that time, both vice and drug cops were staking out the location.

Police said there was an illegal strip club operating inside this home on the 4500 block of Covington Highway.

Around 2 a.m. the SWAT team was called to raid the house.

Police said they arrested several people for drug possession as well as operating an unsanctioned adult entertainment business inside a private home.

DeKalb County Police Lt. Curtis A. Williams explained the importance of having this unsanctioned establishment shut down..

“It’s good for the community," he said. "It eliminates a lot of problems that these unauthorized establishments cause.”

It’s still unclear how many people were arrested.

11Alive tried reaching out to the people who run that house and never heard back.

3 comments

• VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    Good find! Is there any possibility of DeKalb county joining Floriduh? Definitely that county is fucked up enough for the sunshine state. :)
  • larryfishsticks
    8 years ago
    STRIPCLUB ON SATURDAY FISH FRY ON FRIDAY
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    I always dislike things like "What was so concerning to them is a day care across the street and a church just two doors down"

Although I can see a reason to separate adult-oriented businesses from children, I don't see why a church should have precedence over a legal adult-oriented business.

What bothers me about this illegal club is that they were no doubt creating a nuisance for all of their neighbors, not just the church and day care. Let people set up their own businesses in places where the traffic and parking can accommodate their customers and let them do what they want, as long as they pay taxes and obey the law. This club wasn't doing that. That's non-brilliant so they should get closed!

No need to get high and mighty about churches.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion