tuscl

Strip Clubs That Make You Pay to Get to the Lap Dance Area

One of the two strip clubs that I'm a regular at makes people pay to get to the lap dance area. Platinum dolls in Lexington charges customers ten dollars just to get to the dance area. I find it annoying because it only benefits the club since it's less money I have to spend on dances and beer plus it's less money for the strippers because I could just give them the money for tips.

Have you all been to many clubs like this? If so what do you think about it?

17 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    Does the club you mention all floor dances?

Most (but not all) of the clubs I have been to where you have to pay to go to the "private" lapdance area allow floor dances.
  • minnow
    8 years ago
    IME, most clubs don't, but a fair number do. Two Tampa clubs (2001, Scarlets) charge a $5 fee each time to go to basic area, though the former has wristband Wednesdays where $5 purchase of wristband allows unlimited visits.
    It's been several years, but I recall Centerfolds-Phoenix charging a flat fee ($10?) for unlimited trips to more private area off the floor. In Indy, Ricks and PT's might still do this. Like cover charges, overpriced drinks, etc., some things you just have to shrug as a cost of doing business.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    If it's a one-time $5 or $10 fee it's not bad, but if it's everytime one goes to the back that's enough to make me wanna visit the club less instead of more.

The PT's in my area (suburb of Miami) charges a one time fee of $5 I think (maybe $10 but I think its $5).
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Never heard of it
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    I thought the majority of clubs did that, at least within my experience. In fact, it's probably easier for me to name clubs that don't do that than do. OTOH, I believe it's pretty much a one time fee everywhere. I do remember one club, now closed, that made you pay each time and it was always a challenge at that club for the girls to make money. I wonder if that had something to do with it.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Most of the clubs hat I know with this type of a charge tend to have relatively inexpensive lap dances so it's not that big of a deal. But I still hate a place where you have to pay each time you go back with a new girl.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Lap dancing used to mean lap sitting. The whole thing of special areas, booths, and back rooms is just for the house to take a bigger cut.

Don't let girls sell you dances. Just engage in main area, front room, friendliness. Treat her like you just met her at a party and try to get her to makeout with you.

You can still feed her money, and there should be no house cut.

Save the special areas and booths and backrooms until they are really needed, and then you invite her.

Then take her home with you and continue.

SJG
  • knight_errant
    8 years ago
    my northeast fav sc, Electric Blue, recently started charging $5 to the bouncer each time you go back to the lap dance area. Annoying, but what are you going to do. Places are going to inch up pricing until business goes away. It's Adam Smith's invisible hand checking your prostate.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Yeah there's a few here in Phoenix that do a 20 entry fee for VIP but I don't go to those clubs.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    PR's here in Louisville charges $5 for a bracelet that is good for your entire visit that day.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    ^^^^ Reasonable, like a VIP pass. T's, Old Oakland Rd San Jose ( now gone ) used to do something like that.

But you still don't know if they hit the girls up for dance money.

Better, front room GFE. Save booths and back rooms until needed.

SJG
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    fuego in hyattsville maryland is one of my favorite clubs and they do this. however, its only for some of their lap dances. their regular dances you don't have to pay to get to the lap dance area. its only their dances on the more comfortable chairs and the topless dances in the back where you gotta pay just to get to the lap dance area.

showcase theater in beltsville maryland is another club that does this. to get a topless dance, you gotta pay 20 bucks just to get to the back-room area. plus you gotta pay 30 bucks per song. so essentially, one topless dance at this place costs you 50 bucks
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Hyattsville, that sounds like Prince George County.

But how good can the front room GFE be? That should precede and use of back rooms.

SJG
  • jestrite50
    8 years ago
    Several Detroit Clubs started doing this. Selling wrist bands to get into the lap dance rooms. Brads in Indy starred doing it too a while back with a dance room troll collecting a Tarriff to use the dance room.
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    Never heard of that. Would be a deal breaker.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    ^^^^ But maybe it is in lieu of getting money back from the girl. We don't really know.

SJG
  • s88
    8 years ago
    Southern Xposure SLC charges a one time fee per night to get LDs of any kind (wristband). Showcase Theater Beltsville MD charges a one time fee per night for private room dances (you then pay per song).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion