The Sisters vs. The Strippers: Club Loses Liquor License

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
"An Illinois strip club lost its liquor license after a group of nuns won their court case to shut it down, according to reports."
http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2016/nove…

Are these nuns hypocritical?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBJwg2-w…

6 comments

• 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    I'm not sure that the nuns believe the exact same thing as the priest so I'm not sure about hypocrisy, but I definitely think using zoning like this is non-brilliant.

I can understand limiting the outside appearance of businesses, since a seedy looking strip club has the potential to interfere with nearby businesses. Everybody's rights have limits when they interfere with other people's rights.

However, I have never liked the idea that churches and convents have this special status where they can determine what goes on near their property. To be fair it isn't clear to me from the article whether there was some mistake and the club actually sat on the property line. If so the club is partially on their property and they should have power in that case.

But if it is the case that the club is simply next door then the nuns shouldn't have the right to shut them down.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Lots of nuns are stripping...lol
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I have lived in my apartment for four years now, smoke weed all the time, no one has ever complained (although one neighbor even complimented the smell it will occassionally leave in the hallway).

My best friend just moved into a similar apartment complex as mine in a similarly upper class city. She got a notice of "someone" complaining about weed within a week or so of moving in. Two nuns live right next to her. Hm... (they are the main suspects!)

You'd think nuns would mind their own business and just be off doing "god's work" at a charity somewhere...
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    in tj a church has (on its block) strip clubs on either side of it. hk+ab.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Platinum Plus 362 Jacob Rd, Columbia SC
    Young's Chapel Baptist Church 359 Jacob Rd, Columbia SC
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I wonder who pays more in taxes.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion