tuscl

Trumpsta tweets in 2012: electoral college a disaster for democracy! 2016: elect

zipman68
the speed force!
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:48 AM
Reality: Trumpsta only won 'cos the votes o' uneducated mouth-breathin' conservadudes were upweighted by the electoral college. Discuss!

13 comments

• MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    Trump won because he won a substantial majority of the electoral votes. This is how we choose our President. Those who don't like it should attempt to amend the Constitution to abolish the Electoral College. As far as I know, no such attempt has even come close. It is *difficult* to amend the Constitution -- as it should be.
  • zipman68
    8 years ago
    Constitution won't matter when Trumpsta turns the US into a dystopian hellhole that can only be reversed by the coming Chinese occupation. The Chinese will tear up our dumbass constitution Buckle up buckaroos...and start learning Mandarin!
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Zipman, I don't like it that's Trump is president either, but you're having a meltdown. Let it go, there's nothing anyone can do about it. Plus really congress has more power than the president.
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    The Orange Clown a hypocrite? Unbelievable!!!
  • zipman68
    8 years ago
    Larrydude, you better learn to say that in Mandarin!
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    @Fisherman wrote: " Let it go, there's nothing anyone can do about it." --------------------------- I'm not a violent person. I've never owned any firearms and I never will. Thing is, I have this seething hatred of Donald Trump. Maybe this is how others felt about Hillary. I think he'll be a disastrous president -- but even if I'm wrong I'll most likely always have the same feeling about him and the vile, bigoted, campaign he ran. What can we do about it? Stay informed. Stay angry. If the GOP succeeds in dismantling things like Obamacare and Medicare, then make sure the GOP owns it and the voter backlash that follows.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    To the topic I believe that on Trumps 60 minutes interview he actually stated a preference for majority vote over electoral college just sayin.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Wow! That zippie is just a genius! Has clued in that Trump has changed his mind about many things. Especially when it's to his benefit to do so.
  • DoctorPhil
    8 years ago
    changed his mind? we don't want no president that would ever change his mind about anything
  • Austin1
    8 years ago
    Trump > Obama/Hillary Understand!
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    The two least educated, dumbest groups in America vote Democrat. These pages make it easy to discern why. Whine some more Random we out up with your cheating lying ass wipe for 8 years. This is pay back. Obamacare goes down the toilet and the illegals go home.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    skidum- What groups are those ?
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    All it would take is the President, the Democrats, and just a bit more than 1/3 of the Republicans and the Constitution could be amended right now to eliminate the electoral college, effective for this election. We could ask those most qualified, the 8 sitting justices of the Supreme Court, to write the amendment. Sometimes it is strange crises which force progress. Bring the United States forward out of the 19th Century. Otherwise with this claim of weekly contact with Russians and the FBI announcements, it's "What did Trump know and when did he know it?" As it will be necessary to impeach him and require the same congressional 2/3rds. Obama missed his FDR moment when he failed to nationalize or even re-regulate the banks. Well now on his way out he can have an even greater moment by finally fixing our system so that every vote counts, and averting a disaster of epic proportions. Governing the most powerful nation in the world is nothing like a sporting match, as the stakes are so much higher. We all need therefore to think very hard about what is needed, and then do it. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion