tuscl

Stag parties: rite-of-passage or humiliating horror show?

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
"It is when darkness falls that the true horror manifests - the obligatory trip to the strip club. A clouded mind is often best when entering these charnel palaces, so thank the lord for those 12 pints and two dozen paintballs to the head. Strip clubs are masculinity's lowest ebb, places that defy all reason - why is it arousing to pay someone to take off their clothes in front of you? How is that gratifying?"

I get the feeling that the author does not like strip clubs.

7 comments

• jackslash
    8 years ago
    "Stag Parties", not tag parties.

Link: http://www.independent.ie/style/weddings…

• s88
    8 years ago
    I get the feeling that the author has never been in a strip clubs.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Perhaps a ROB took advantage of him.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    My stag party was a reflection of me. Breakfast at 9. Tee time at 10. First beer at 10:01. Lunch at 3:30. Alcohol total goes past 15. Smoke weed and drive around for 2 hours. Race Track. I drank 3 bottles of wine and hit 4 trifectas. Club fantasies until 2 am. Weed and then bed at 5 am. My brother/best man tells me the next day that he saw me consume approximately 60 drinks before I passed out. I have no memory of anything after 8:00 p.m. including apparently 1 45 minute conversation with Woody Harrelson and Roger Clemons
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    i never had a stag party. and never been to one. what did i miss?
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I'd bet a million dollars that the author is a strong Hillary Clinton fan.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Thirty-five years ago I had my stag party which included a trip to the local strip club (a very good one, by the way). Before I went my fiancee was reading quotes, similar to those above, from Letitia Baldridge's book of etiquette.

I went, I had a great time. I went home still functional. The next day we were together again. She asked how things had gone. I started off quietly and said, "Well, you know all those things Letitia Baldridge's said about stag parties?"

"Yes?"

I paused for a moment and then said with a gleeful smile, "Well, they're ALL TRUE!!!!"

I narrowly avoided the etiquette book that was thrown at me, lol. We survived it. We're still married 35 years later. :-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion