tuscl

OT : How did they become so rich?

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air

I read today that the Clintons are worth $150 million and that they siphon money off from The Clinton Foundation.

Is that right, if so shouldn't she/they be in jail?

39 comments

• DoctorPhil
    8 years ago
    "You can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook." – Harry S. Truman
  • DoctorPhil
    8 years ago

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton walk in to a bar.

Donald leans over, and with a smile on his face, says, “The media is really tearing you apart for that Scandal.”

Hillary: “You mean my lying about Benghazi?”

Trump: “No, the other one.”

Hillary: “You mean the massive voter fraud?”

Hillary: “You mean the military not getting their votes counted?”

Hillary: “Using my secret private server with classified material to Hide my Activities?”

Hillary: “The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything Else?”

Hillary: “Using the Clinton Foundation as a cover for tax evasion, Hiring Cronies, And taking bribes from foreign countries?”

Hillary: “You mean the drones being operated in our own country without The Benefit of the law?”

Hillary: “Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million, and right afterward it Declared Bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?”

Hillary: “You mean arming the Muslim Brotherhood and hiring them in the White House?”

Hillary: “Whitewater, Watergate committee, Vince Foster, commodity Deals?”

Trump: “No the other one:”

Hillary: “Turning Libya into chaos?”

Hillary: “Being the mastermind of the so-called “Arab Spring” that only brought chaos, death and destruction to the Middle East and North Africa?”

Hillary: “Leaving four Americans to die in Benghazi?”

Hillary: “Trashing Mubarak, one of our few Muslim friends?”

Hillary: “The funding and arming of terrorists in Syria, the destruction and destabilization of that nation, giving the order to our lapdogs in Turkey and Saudi Arabia to give sarin gas to the “moderate” terrorists in Syria that they eventually used on civilians, and framed Assad, and had it not been for the Russians and Putin, we would have used that as a pretext to invade Syria, put a puppet in power, steal their natural resources, and leave that country in total chaos, just like we did with Libya?

Hillary: “The creation of the biggest refugees crisis since WWII?”

Hillary: “Leaving Iraq in chaos? ”

Hillary: “The DOJ spying on the press?”

Hillary: “You mean HHS Secretary Sibelius shaking down health insurance Executives?”

Hillary: “Giving our cronies in SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 Months Later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?”

Hillary: “The NSA monitoring citizens’ ?”

Hillary: “The State Department interfering with an Inspector General Investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?”

Hillary: “Me, The IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?”

Hillary: “Threats to all of Bill’s former mistresses to keep them quiet?”

Hillary: “You mean the INSIDER TRADING of the Tyson chicken deal I did where I invested $1,000 and the next year I got $100,000?”

Hillary: “You mean when Bill met with Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, just before my hearing with the FBI to cut a deal?”

Trump” “No, the other one.”

Hillary: ” You mean the one where my IT guy at Platte River Networks asked Reddit for help to alter emails?”

Hillary: “You mean where the former Haitian Senate President accused me and my foundation of asking him for bribes?”

Hillary: “You mean that old video of me laughing as I explain how I got the charges against that child rapist dropped by blaming the young girl for liking older men and fantasizing about them. Even though I knew the guy was guilty?

Hillary: “You mean that video of me coughing up a giant green lunger into my drinking glass then drinking it back down?”

Hillary: “You mean that video of me passing out on the curb and losing my shoe?”

Hillary: “You mean when I robbed Bernie Sanders of the Democratic Party Nomination by having the DNC rig the nomination process so that I would win?”

Hillary: “You mean how so many people that oppose me have died in mysterious was?”

Hillary: “Travel Gate? When seven employees of the White House Travel Office were fired so that friends of Bill and mine could take over the travel business? And when I lied under oath during the investigation by the FBI, the Department of Justice, the White House itself, the General Accounting Office, the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee, and the Whitewater Independent Counsel?”

Hillary: “The scandal where, (while I was Secretary if State), the State Department signed off on a deal to sell 20% of the USA’s uranium to a Canadian corporation that the Russians bought, netting a $145 million donation from Russia to the Clinton Foundation and a $500,000 speaking gig for Bill from the Russian Investment Bank that set up the corporate buyout?. That scandal?”

Hillary: “That time I lied when I said I was under sniper fire when I got off the plane in Bosnia?”

Hillary: “That time when after I became the First Lady, I improperly requested a bunch of FBI files so I could look for blackmail material on government insiders?”

Hillary: “That time when Bill nominated Zoe Baird as Attorney General, even though we knew she hired illegal immigrants and didn’t pay payroll taxes on them?”

Hillary: “When I got Nigeria exempted from foreign aid transparency guidelines despite evidence of corruption because they gave Bill a $700,000 in speaking fees?”

Hillary: “That time in 2009 when Honduran military forces allied with rightist lawmakers ousted democratically elected President Manuel Zelaya, and I as then-Secretary of State sided with the armed forces and fought global pressure to reinstate him?”

Hillary: “I give up! … Oh wait, I think I’ve got it! When I stole the White House furniture, silverware, when Bill left Office?”

Trump: “THAT’S IT! I almost forgot about that one”.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up! There's still plenty of time to impeach Hillary, so don't let it get your down.

Welcome back Dr.Phil! Always enjoyed your posts in the past and really like the whole concept of a sadistic psychotherapist!!

BTW, we still have one epic midlife-crisis victim here who's fallen madly in love with a teenage sex worker. So your services as a psychotherapist are much in need. Great to have you back.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    good read. man. what a choice. i voted for the old money buzzinessman.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Right Wing Media knows no bounds. They will say anything.

The Clinton Foundation is subject to the same strict accounting that any other large non-profit is. I'm sure things are run properly.

What is true is that the Clintons have, following the example of Ronald Reagan before them, taken in huge amounts of money in public speaking fees.

SJG
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    Yes, of course they should be in jail. It could still happen, but recent events have made me deeply cynical about the ability or willingness of the U.S. "justice" system to bring these scoundrels to justice.

The comparison between the Clintons and Reagan is, of course, absurd -- but what would you expect from our own master of absurdity.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Tomorrow night they will become the most untouchable couple in the history of the United States. Even if she gets knocked out after her first term.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    "Yes, of course they should be in jail."

Right Wing Media knows no bounds. They attack everything and in everyway, and what they say need have no relation to the truth. But people believe it.

And this is why we have a candidate like Donald Trump, and this is why our democracy continues to be pushed to the breaking point.

We need people at the polls tomorrow to vote so that the center will hold.

SJG
  • ime
    8 years ago
    Ha you are utterly brainwashed and retarded. Trump is an asshole and loose cannon, but HRC is far beyond just crooked.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Rong! The left wing have long been masters of deceit, lies and slander. Right wing finally stands up for itself, and left wing pussies go nuts.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    This right wing media emerged, starting in the 1980s, but now continuing on to the Internet, and getting further and further from reality. This is why democracy is breaking down.

see if we can watch some of this, about Norman Lear:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNod2_l…

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    this is good:
    http://www.pfaw.org/

SJG
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    She has already shown that our national security is up for sale.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Hillary is not deserving of the presidency.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    You know, the thought of Bill creeping around the White House again is chilling
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Hide the interns
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Larry, Hillary is completely straight, just too far to the right, too anti-labor, too hawkish.

Please, don't believe the stuff Right Wing Media puts out, it has zero relation to reality.

SJG
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    @SJG- I'm not supporting Trump, he's DEFINITELY not deserving of the presidency. But Hillary ain't deserving either, with her email scandal and her foundation, no way. Not to mention the fact Bernie didn't get a fair shake.

If Bernie was the democratic nominee he would have obliterated Trump.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    If any other Republican won the Primary they would have a much better chance.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Her email stupidity is real. But there is nothing wrong with the Clinton Foundation.

About the Democratic Party rigging it to shut out Bernie, I'm sure there is truth in that.

SJG
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    In terms of illegality, Trump's charitable foundation is obviously in a world of trouble.

The Clintons got rich because there are what, 5 former presidents alive? 3 of whom can travel and give paid speeches? You can basically name your price to give a talk.
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    Every president who's left office has become a multi millionaire and that's where the Clintons made theirs. This will never change when a speaking fee is in the hundreds of thousands of $$$. Do a couple of this a week and you got yourself a foundation.

This will be true of the Obamas soon enough, unless he gets appointed to the Supreme Court. U watch, it can happen!
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Since Reagan, not before.

SJG
  • DoctorPhil
    8 years ago
    san_jose_guy you are fucking stupider than zipperhead and that is saying something. now stop drinking, TAKE YOUR FUCKING MEDS and go to bed
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Case in point when Nixon left the white house in disgrace he was broke and homeless, owing thousands of dollars in legal fees, three years after he resigned he owned a home in San Clemente, California and even though times were different he was worth tens of millions due to his so called friends, and money from Pepsi-Cola for some introductions in the middle east. So basically like JamesSD said, being an ex-president of these United States you have a license to print money as fast as you like. BTW AFAIK the only US president in this modern era that was not extremely wealthy was Harry S. Truman probably the most underrated president in our history the man who won WW2 and the only world leader in history at this point in time to ever use an atomic bomb.
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    SJG "since Reagan, not before"

Again more proof of how ignorant you are. Gerald Ford was a broke ass mother fucker until he left the presidency, and then made millions after he left office.

Guess what? He was before Reagan, right? Can you please admit at least this one time how wrong you are? Just admit it this one time and I will leave you alone. If not you will forever be shown how ignorant you are. Remember, Gerald Ford made millions of $$$ after his presidency!
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    If that is true, and I do believe you Jim, then I WAS WRONG.

But the first one I remember hearing it about was Reagan, especially going to Japan and getting $2Meg for one speech.

SJG
  • ime
    8 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6u…

Watch, and then go vote for Hillary. What a lying awful cunt who will literally say anything to get elected. Nothing is worse than a career politician.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    "will literally say anything to get elected"

Which describes both of the candidates.

They're both liars. They're both crooks. Both care only about themselves and how much money/power/influence they can obtain.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    "In terms of illegality, Trump's charitable foundation is obviously in a world of trouble."

Yeah... But who cares about trumps con antics.

"They're both liars. They're both crooks. Both care only about themselves and how much money/power/influence they can obtain."

But of course none of trumps supporters care that this applies to both candidates.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Thats because Trump has not been in office screwing things up like Hillary
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I love it, I wish I was an ex-president making tons of cash for speaking to groups. One more day, and we'll be in a civil war as one of these 2 assholes wins.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    SJG is using President Reagan as an example since Mr. Reagan is deified by some conservatives.

I agree with SJG about the Clinton Foundation. I would think the Foundation would be held to accounting standards like any other non-profit or charitable organization. Or perhaps I am naive in this matters. I'm not up on my white collar crime, sorry.

As much as I detest the idea of people making money from public speaking -- especially public servants -- it seems to be anti-American to suggest otherwise. Why should I be against someone using his or her talents or skills for profit? Now this is somewhat palatable (stomach-able) if the person is formerly retired and out of the spotlight and out of public service, which Secretary Clinton is not, but President Clinton is. With that said, I still don't agree with the practice. But for me to shun it, does seem Anti-American and anti-capitalist or anti-free market, if I understand you conservadudes (minus twentyfive .. that guy's got real morals and ethics, so .. respect).

#dont.hate.the.player.hate.the.game

I would like to get money OUT OF politics. How do we do this? We tried President's Obama's 2008 promise of hope change. That didn't exactly pan out. The only hope and change we got was he changed his mind on same-sex marriages (initially he was pro- same sex civil unions in lieu of same sex marriage, but he's changed his mind for the better) so that's at least SOME hope and change.

Many of us voted for him hoping he'd change champaign finance reform and try to get some of the BIG MONEY out of politics. I am not entirely sure why he didn't accomplish this. Was is too hard? Did he get distracted by other issues? Is President Obama now part of the problem, i.e., is he now "on the take, too?" Maybe. There is just too much money out there. Maybe it will never get fixed. I had hope with Mr. Sanders and Mr. Trump. But I doubt they could fix it either.

On top of that SCOTUS ruled that money equals free speech. So perhaps corruption in politics will not be fixed in our lifetimes. I keep trying though.

We did try term limits. That was Mr Gingrich's contract with American in 1994. Term limits, as a goal, was dropped. Gee, I wonder why. Money it is.

I think this is why SJG mentions President Reagan. He, too, took money for speeches. He's not the first and he won't be the last.

The problem with Secretary Clinton (now and in 1992) is she represents change. Gender roles, women's roles, and a changing world. Many established men are not comfortable with this. Hence she is vilified and turned into an enemy. (Now I admit she has her problems ... and she's probably a criminal .. but let's admit facts ... she's really raked over the coals over and above what she's owed. Come on ... She's change. And you're scared.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    SJG I admonish you from your post. A very good act of contrition. We all are contrite. Politics gets the best of us.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Awesome post Phil!
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    I don't know all the specifics about the Clinton Foundation, I will admit that. And I know the media is biased...

But why let that stop me from forming an opinion or observation?
    :-)

There may not me anything illegal going on, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was.
    Ethically however, I would be very surprised if it is clean. For a public servant, ethics mean as much to me as legality because it is a truer measure of character.

I don't respect someone if the only reason they don't cheat is because they know they would get caught. I respect them when they don't cheat even though they know they would get away with it.

• shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Margaret Thatcher named worst prime minister in 100 years.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol…
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    As Senator from NY, and as Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton has done a good job.

One can't make everything go right, and Secretary of State is largely a show position, because any actual authority rests with the President. Hillary represented the US on the world stage very well, and I know that she will make a fine President, and so I am proud to have voted for her.

In 2008 she gave Obama quite a run for the nomination. And so, that she would be appointed as Secretary of State, was in my view outstanding. Her national and international prominence only added to the high quality of the job she did.

When Bill Clinton left office he said that he was going on the speaking circuit, as he had huge debts over things like the legal fees for the Paula Jones matter.

That they take in money, oh well. I am glad though that they are also taking in money for the Clinton Foundation at the same time, as in so doing they are using their name to do good. I don't believe that they are greedy people.

The main one that I know of who was also able to do this was Jimmy Carter, and they have often gone out of their way to show support for Carter's work.

SJG

MC5 - OVER AND OVER
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMGOg8vB…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion