tuscl

Man accused of forcing 6 Cuban women into prostitution

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Is this how Tootsie's gets all those Cuban dancers?

http://www.kansas.com/news/business/arti…

6 comments

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Some of them, no doubt.
  • anthonyu
    8 years ago
    Sex trafficking, I think, is waaay overblown. What did these girls think when told they'd be smuggled for stripping? There might be something a little more?

• gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Actually, a lot of Cubans are desperate to get to the USA before relations with Cuba are fully normalized and the wet foot/dry foot asylum program is ended. There are also a lot of Cuban dissidents actively trying to remove people from the Dictatorship, and stripping is a minimal skills job that the girls found plausible. Unfortunately, it also shows that there monsters out there who will exploit and take advantage of anyone. No matter how vulnerable and trusting.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I wonder how many other Cuban dancers are dancing to pay off their smuggler's fees - when I lived in Dallas I met some Mexican girls in a similar predicament and I thought it was sad as fuck - IDK if the Mexican girls I met in Dallas were stripping to make more $$$ to pay off the debt faster or if they were forced to strip to come up w/ the $$$ faster -at least the Cuban chicks get asylum as soon as they set foot in the US so they have legal backup; but the Mexican girls were illegals and probably had no or not much legal-recourse.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I was talking to one of the Cuban girls at Follies the other day. She told me that next month she is going back to Cuba for a vacation.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ yeah - new arrivals do that b/c they have left a lot of family back-home - so it's more to see family and help them out (buy stuff they need) rather than a leisure vacation
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion