tuscl

OT: Cubs win the World Series!

Corvus
Arizona
Great game to watch, the Cubs pulled it out but not the easy way.

27 comments

• WetWilly
    8 years ago
    What a series, what a game
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Hopefully it can be a springboard to more popularity for baseball.

But I doubt it.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Well, I'm good for another 108 years!!!
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    With all the bullshit in sports right now this was a feel good story. I honestly think you could flip a coin on who was a better team. Aside from blowing a 3-1 lead Cleveland has nothing to be ashamed about.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    A true feel goos story of Goliath( $171million payroll )beating David ($96million payroll)
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    A simple non-SC post.

I HATE THE CLEVELAND INDIANS, so thanks, Cubs!

What a great feeling it was to witness game 7 when the Marlins beat the indians for the World Series title in '97. BTW, I HATE THE CLEVELAND INDIANS!!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Hardly watched any of the series but I always go for the underdog so was sorta pulling for the Indians but glad Cubs won b/c I didn't wanna see LeBron gloating as if his greatness had something to do w/ it
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Clubber is negative as isual
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Usual
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    Papi,

I don't doubt that would happen, and I am not a LeBron basher, as I thank him for his help in bringing two titles to S. Florida. But my hatred of the indians goes much deeper.
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    I am starting to get the feeling Clubber hates the Indians!
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    I like it when I World Series goes into the seventh game in overtime.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    How about a celebration in the streets, let my lions chase a pack of Christians through the downtown. Watch how they scatter in all directions.

SJG

MC5 - the big bang!: best of the mc5 [full]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjymhzi4…
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Just Now • Tcchnically justme62 there is no clock in baseball its extra innings that is the beauty of baseball time is not a factor like most other sports.
    Congrats to the Cubs!
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I don't even like or watch baseball, but I watched the last few innings. Great ending, I wonder what the ratings were like?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Fuck, I'm Indian. Don't beat me up, Clubber. LOL

I'm exceptionally happy the Cubbies won. 108 frustrating years are over !!
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I used to watch baseball till my early 20s; wasn't exactly my fave sport but watched it as one of the big-3 team-sports growing up (Football, basketball being the other two).

But kinda gave up watching baseball after the 1994 strike - by the time it picked up again post the strike I was kinda busy w/ life back then and never got back to watching it and w/ time watched less and less particularly regular season - I would still watch the playoffs and World Series for the most-part but have not even watched these too-much in the last 3 or so years - as others I feel bored w/ the long boring stretches w/ no action - plus their unwillingness to modernize the game much and their sticking to old silly "non-written rules" seemingly worshipped as a religion by IMO low-IQ jocks.

I know both World Series mangers' names but other than that IDK any of the players names except I've heard of Chapman (the Cubs reliever) partially due to a domestic-violence charge - which I think goes for a lot of non-hardcore sports viewers whom baseball may not be their #1 sport - I think many of today's players would not be recognized in-public outside their markets; there don't seem to be many if any true nationally known/recognized stars that do major national endorsements/commercials as in other sports (e.g. LeBron, Peyton Manning) - although we have a local MLB team (Marlins), baseball is rarely talked about in our local radio sports shows and it's not talked about much in the national shows either IME.

Only watched about 2 innings in the middle of game-7 - I guess I missed an epic one but I'm really not losing much sleep over it.
  • larryfishsticks
    8 years ago
    I ATE FISH AND JERKED OFF DURING WORLD SERIES

MADE MI OWN TARTER SAUZE
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    Corvus & vm,

My hatred of the cleveland (for vm) indians dates back to the early '90s. My hometown in S.Florida had a nice baseball facility that the indians had contracted to use for their spring training. Lots of people started buy indian merchdise and couldn't wait to have them come down as the Cardinals used to, but at a different park.

Then andrew hit. andrew was almost a direct hit on the facility. It was damaged but it was determined that it could be made ready to honor the contract. Didn't matter as cleveland backed out of the deal. Wasn't so much the backing out as it was the economic impact would have been a great help for the area trying to recover for the most devastating hurricane (cat 5) to hit the US since the '35 storm (also a cat 5) hit the Keys.

And that is why I HATE the indians and relished the great feeling to witness game 7 when the Marlins beat the indians for the World Series title in '97.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Understandable, Clubber.
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    The greatest moment in sports history
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    ^^^^ Greatest moment in sports history for you, and that's understandable if you're a Cubs fan.

For me it was the '91 Series when Jack Morris pitched a complete game shut out to win 1-0 in 10 innings. I think ESPN did a ranking yesterday of the greatest game 7's ever and it was ranked #2 with the recent Cubs victory as #3 all time. Not sure what got rated #1, because of course this is subjective.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    I think it was the '69 Series when the Pirates won with a walk off home run to end the series, now that I recall.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Meat, the NY Mets won the 1969 World Series in 5 against Baltimore. I went to game 3 as a 10 year old.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    #1 was the Marlins over the indians! Was at game 7 with my son. Great bonding.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Meat, it was the 1960 series. Pirates beat the Yankees
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Thanks for correcting me about the '60 Pirates. I guess I couldn't recall which is why the '91 series is the best in my opinion.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion