tuscl

Hillary and the Indians (no not that Hillary, the other one)

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
So Hillary Duff and her boyfriend dress up as a "sexy" pilgrim and Indian and the Internet is losing their shit over this.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5814e6…

Have things gone too far where just about anything you do today causes someone or some group to be offended or am I missing something here?

I was just going to throw a sheet over my head and go as a ghost for Halloween like Charlie Brown and his buddies do every year but then I was afraid someone would think I was a member of the KKK.

20 comments

• shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I agree. I remember one Halloween party back in the 70's. My best friend went as a priest and his GF went as a pregnant nun. Can you imagine what a stink that would make today.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I think the "internet" should be more concerned that Hillary Duff used to be hot but isn't anymore. Why aren't they more concerned with that?
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Halloween is doomed.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    rockstar - It is being replaced with "Fall Festival".
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Halloween used to be one of my favorite Holidays. Now people have to arm themselves to go trick or treating, ban costumes, and all kinds of shit. Whatever happened to just having fun?
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    @shadowcat. That is probably less offensive than a man dressing as a priest and walking around with his 10 Yr old son.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    ^
    Right.
    The truth is it's political correctness.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Wait I always thought the liberal types wanted a more monotone, equal "political correctness." Most conservatives want everything the way it was, so all those things that once were okay that now are not are still okay in their eyes... as long as you don't offend any of them.
  • crsm27
    8 years ago
    Here is the sad part..... Nothing about it was offensive. I mean a guy dressed up as a Native American. And a chick dressed up as a Pilgrim.... Nothing was offensive... There will be thousands of kids doing the same. Yet people are pissed about this.

The article states... RACIST..... so a white person dressing up as Michael Jackson would be racist?? A black man dressing up as Trump or some other white person.... is that racists? Come on fucking people...... relax.

This reminds me of the stupid move PCU..... where everyone is pissed off at other groups and all get together at the end to party..... except I don't see a party in our future.

PC is killing this nation.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Juice was going to go as a chicken McNugget and Jackie was going to go as the sweet n sour sauce but they reconsidered since chicken McNuggets have too much trans fat which may offend obese people and Jackie as the sweet n sour sauce may have offended asians.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    If I dress as a space alien, are they going to come to Earth and file a lawsuit?
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    You do realize there is a current crisis going on in the Midwest with the government trying to build a pipeline through a reservation right?
  • crsm27
    8 years ago
    Tiburon....

Yes I do... But that isn't the point..... there are issues every year.... Football team names, college team names, depression and suicide rates on reservations, etc. But it is a fucking costume.

Also not to get all into it.... The pipeline did all the necessary studies, paperwork, payments, etc... it is also on lots of pvt land as well. But now people are trying to stop it. Most of the protesters are not linked to the reservation it is "going thru". Just like the ND fighting Souix debate with the name and what not.... those people protesting and wanting the name change were not from ND or the surrounding tribes.

It is people who want to "protest" and what not.
  • WetWilly
    8 years ago
    I think the issue is not only political correctness, but the instant proliferation of the image, the video, and the words.

Ten years ago, going viral took a long, long time. It can now take minutes, and millions can see it.

It is more than just correctness, it's proliferation.
  • crsm27
    8 years ago
    Wetwilly..... Agree 100%....

Along with the "instant information" and the technology out there.... ie: everything has to be done now.... or why isn't my text, email, snap, call (who does that really), FB post, etc.... responded too yet?? that mentality is killing our nation IMHO. *** yet here I am on a forum...lol**** It is also people want to find something to hate on and also they can do it from a phone/tablet.

a side note.... Look at this election... it is an US vs THEM mentality. With each side hating on the other. Yet neither group can come up with a plan good for all... it is either us or them thinking. This is kind of like what I said about hating on everyone or anything. I mean PC and what not.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    I went to a Halloween party at a co-workers home many years ago. When I knocked on the door standing there in my KKK costume, the ONLY black woman at the party has to be the one that answered the door. Didn't seem to be a bit of offense taken. That or she was laughing to hard to be offended.

Times, they are a'changin'!
  • bvino
    8 years ago
    Halloween and Carnival are related and they are supposed to be times that you can mock everything. Laying PC bullshit on an anti PC holiday is moronic.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    dear pc people. get a life.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    just,

So you a big Mac fan, are you? :)
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Not me. I prefer Wendy's. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?