tuscl

Get ready for a crowd in the upstate of South Carolina

I heard they are evacuating the whole coast starting tomorrow. Guess where they are going?

I'm glad they got that gas pipeline fixed. Our gas prices just started to drop too. They had been the same price as North Carolina for the last 2 weeks even though our gas tax is about 15 cents per gallon less. That's what I call uniform price gouging. Every station in South Carolina gouges at the same time. Interstates heading away from the coast will be the only lanes open I believe near the coast.

I remember one year someone went on vacation when they evacuated the whole coast without shutting down and reversing the east bound lanes and he said it took 15 hours to make a 3.5 hour trip on a normal day. Mandatory evacuation I believe.

Hopefully the hurricane won't be that bad.

12 comments

• sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Maybe some will head to Atlanta. Better strip clubs over there I heard. :)
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I would recommend filling up your tanks and buying some extra gas ASAP if you can. Also load up on some cash. If price gouging occurs those fuckers won't be taking credit cards - cash only
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Wonder what this means for North Carolina
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I live in a small town away from interstates but it will likely get busy here too. I will gas up tomorrow like normal. Not going anywhere except work for several days. :)
    I would have preferred they waited until Thursday to evacuate so that crowds are small here tomorrow night but oh well. Maybe it won't be bad.

This hurricane had to pick a path parallel to coastal areas so that is like inflicting maximum economic damage to coastal economics.

On top of all that I have a relative that keeps saying with every bad thing, they must not be praying enough. I will give everyone a break and ask the AI running this universe to make the hurricane head out to sea. The AI monito
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Weird keyboard mysteriously locked up when I was going to post the AI monitors me.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I saw on the news some stations at the beach were running out of gas. Some stations raised their prices up to 2.35 from 2.09. One manager said he was trying to make sure everyone could get gas by raising the price up 25 cents overnight. Yeah, sure. You want to make sure you get maximum profit while everyone is buying. Gas prices where I live just dropped a few days ago from two.o nine. Numbers don't work now down to two even.

I blame apples iOS ten. O. Otwo iOS update. Crappy update.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Gas was around 2.09 in southern NC last week. Gas taxes are about 15 cents higher in NC too. Someone's making extra money.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Good luck Eastern coastal USA, pretty much everyone is going to feel it one way or another.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Gas is now $2.30 in NC as of today
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Burn the ripoff owners down. When 9/11 happened, one asshole raised his gas prices to over $4 a gallon. I drove by his station and it was over $4. The state came down on him hard.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I blame this hurricane on the liberal media
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Don't wait to gas-up - down-here in Miami gas stations started running out of gas yesterday (Tu) even though the hurricane is due overnight Th - I gassed up a little while ago during lunchtime; drove by two gas-stations that were outta gas - had to go to the hood and found a Shell w/ gas but only had Premium and prices were up about 40-cents/gal.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion