tuscl

Looking for some advise on shoes to pass along...

Monday, January 12, 2004 9:29 AM
There is a club I visit on a regular basis, and a dancer who usually works on the days I'm there. She is the sweatest person & a true pleasure to spend time with. Part of her dance routing involves demonstrating her incredible flexibilty along w/ some pole work. The funny thing is, at least once every time I visit, she always seems to loose a shoe while on stage. Sometimes it will just drop off her foot while she's on the pole, but other times she might be making an aggressive move & it will go flying into the crowd. (Whenever I tipp her I joke that it is for the purchase of a new pair of shoes.) Anyway, most of the time, the crowd has fun with it. Sometimes guys go after the shoe like a wedding garder for the opportunity to place it on her foot when she comes off stage. I know she doesn't do loose her shoe(s) on purpose and she's is concerned about it, because it could be dangerous for one of those spiked heals to go out flying at an unsuspecting person in the crowd. Any advice? I'd love to pass it along the next time I visit.

10 comments

• verfolgung
    20 years ago
    TOPLESSDANCER: You're right, I can see how it might be a little creepy for someone to bring in a catalog, but I don't think it should be a problem. I've known this dancer for a while and am a trusted regular for her. When ever I visit her club she always comes over and spends as much time with me as she can, and I've gotten to know her pretty well. It doesn't happen all the time, but if she takes the stage 5 times during the course of a night, there's usually one time when a she looses a shoe. The whole shoe thing has kind of become a running joke. To be honest, I'm not totally sure another pair of shoes will solve the problem, but I like the idea of making a thoughtful gesture.
  • Toplessdancer
    20 years ago
    I have had guys who brought in catalogs for me, and while I thought it was nice I also thought it was creepy. My question is, why is she even doing pole tricks if her shoes are flying off? She must not be the brightest crayon in the box, if she hasn't figured out she needs shoes with a ankle strap. I would much rather fix my shoe than look like an idiot flying my shoe off into the audience. Doesn't she know, those shoes are only plastic, one of these times its going to hit the floor and the damn heel is going to break off.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    FONDL: Thanks for the feedback. I agree that she would not need the shoes to be sexy, but I think she truly prefers to dance with them. The thing is that whenever she does loose one, especially if it flys out into the crowd, she has to finnish her set with bare feet. Once she's lost one, she basically has to take off the other. DUSTY: Great suggestion. I think I'll give it a try.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    DUSTY: How cool is this! [view link] posts their address at the bottom of their site, and they are literally located around the corner from where I work. Never knew they were there, and it took someone from the midwest to point them out. Looks like they could be useful place to know about. Thanks.
  • Clean and Sober
    20 years ago
    Great suggestion Dusty, WiseGuy gets his shoes there too.
  • dusty
    20 years ago
    IS she a new dancer? Most dancers that do pole tricks say ankle strap shoes are a must!! And some will take thier garters and wrap them around the heel of the shoe and around thier ankle for extra support. When I was dancing the cheapest place to get shoes was [view link] and [view link] they have really good prices and they are extremely sturdy shoes! What you can do is order a free catalog to go to your house, and then bring the catalogs into her. I had a customer that did that for me once, and I ended up ordering a but load of crap out of it, and since he was nice enough to think of me, I had him pick out an outfit he would like to see me in and I bought that one and wore whenever I would see him in the club. I hope that Helped
  • dusty
    20 years ago
    sorry its [view link]
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    Thanks Kamryn. I'll Pass along your advice. Anyone else? I'm sure all of your ideas will be appreciated.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    If the club allows it she might try dancing barefooted. Personally I find it much sexier than the silly 7 inch heels.
  • kamrynstarr
    20 years ago
    Tell her to either buy a narrower pair of shoes (she must have thin feet if the size is correct), or to buy one size smaller. She could also look into buying a pair with ankle straps so that they will stay on. The only problem though with this (and I've had it happen to me once before) is that if the shoe is still too big it will fall off the front of her foot but still dangle on her ankle....looks rather silly and makes it VERY difficult to continue the stage routine without stopping to fix it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion