tuscl

OT: More Trouble for BP

LecherousMonk
Mom's basement

14 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    Fuck if this falls apart where is juice gonna find his $20 blowjobs!?!?!
  • ime
    8 years ago
    Same place he found the before the slow girl who cashier's at the Piggley Wiggly.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Everyone who buys small quantities of pot buys it in a plastic baggie. Should we indict the baggie companies as aiding a federal crime?

Just because someone uses a service or product for an illegal purpose, it doesn't mean the it was co-conspirator. After all, you can't sue a gun company for a product that has only one purpose: to kill people. Until I can sue a gun company, the law should stay away from BP.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^ yes but the government wants to know if backpage is making any money off of that - which makes it even more ludicrous.

Aiding to the sex trade - hmmm that's okay, are you making money off of being a host of people advertising illegal services? No no no, shut it down!!!
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    I'll never understand fuzzy leftie logic.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Oh well.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Everyone is against trafficking, but IMO those that want to get rid of sites like BP are those that are against any form of P4P whether it's trafficking or not and use trafficking at their silver bullet sorta speak - trafficking *is* an issue; but they wanna paint-it as it's the majority of the BP ads vs most-likely a small if not very small minority - I don't see what a site like BP could do to stop-it given the open access and anonymity of the web - sure if it's pics of obvious children then that's obvious; but I don't think I've ever come across that on BP in the times I've looked at it.
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    god damn, every time it's a bust, its usually started with child traffiking. WTH man, why would they not crack down on that themselves. Adult whores who sell themselves or allow pimps to sell them is one thing, but child trafficking, it's like they didn't learn from Craigslist at all?
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    As @Papi writes, BP is matching consenting adults 99% of the time. And yet, as a society, we can't turn our back on the 1% the ads that represent trafficking. You can try and shut BP down, but the most likely outcome is that the trafficking sites will splinter into smaller sites and reappear somewhere else. It might even be easier for LE to monitor one large site (BP) instead of hundreds of smaller sites. In a practical sense, shutting down BP seems like a wasted effort.
  • LecherousMonk
    8 years ago
    Papi and RM, I think you're right that trafficking is rare on BP (far less so in AMP's), but "straight" society buys the line that the female-run non-profits spout about almost all sex work involving minors and/or pimps, which we know not to be the case.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    CEO of backpage arrested.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me…

Sorry @MrDeuce -- you'll have to find another place to find hookers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    IDK, comes across as a witch hunt to me and the AG going after an easy-target perhaps for political gains - these outdated prostitution laws are probably doing more harm than good similar to prohibition in the 1920s
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    I thought this was an off topic post. Perhaps something about the movie, Deepwater Horizons and BP.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Glad I never fucked some whore from BP, they'll come after me, too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion