tuscl

OT: Charlie Sheen - d-bag or brilliant guy to emulate?

4got2wipe
In a brilliant place!
Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:24 PM
I just read that Charlie Sheen was asking to have his child support payments to his ex's reduced (to $25K a month, so his ex's aren't suffering too much). I suspect he needed this reduction after blowing all of his money on hookers, cocaine, and sundries. I'm not pro-cocaine and think drugs are generally a non-ace idea. And contracting HIV is definitely non-brilliant. But my question is this: if you had a chance would you live the way Sheen did in his tiger blood heyday or do you think he's a d-bag? I suppose it is reasonable to answer "he's a d-bag, but I'd emulate him anyway (except for the contracting HIV part)"

7 comments

• sf_payday
    8 years ago
    I think some PLs are similar to Charlie Sheen, whether we like to admit it or not. If you have sex for money, there's always a risk of STD/STI. Charlie Sheen just had more opportunities. Consider also that his girls are probably way cleaner than the average stripper. So, yeah, if I was wildly famous and money was an infinite resource, I'd probably fly towards the sun like Icarus too. Shit, now I'm getting all reflective: The one thing that might hold me back is family. I suppose if one was very disciplined about temptation, they might avoid anything that would directly risk personal safety.
  • TravelingGolfer
    8 years ago
    I'm going to put my answer somewhere in the middle. When he was over the top full of himself with the whole "winning" and "tiger blood" thing, he was a d-bag. Calling out his exes, Chuck Lorre, etc. in public forums were also d-bag moves. However, I've heard from people that met him, that he is a really genuine and down to earth guy in person, who treats his friends and even his "help" really well. Supposedly he goes out of his way to make 'regular people' feel comfortable and welcome around him. I also think he's a pretty entertaining actor. He was good in Two and a Half Men, Major League, Sixteen Candles, and various other roles. If I had his money and fame, I imagine it would be tough to keep things under control. Ideally, I would have probably lived a safer and tamed down version of his life, but still enjoyed the women, party lifestyle, etc. I would have used condoms all the time though and stuck to smaller amounts of drugs and alcohol. I also wouldn't have done anything like heroine or crack, assuming he's messed with hard core stuff like that. It's tough to judge someone without walking in their shoes though. Fame, wealth, popularity, success, good looks, etc.? If any of us were in that situation, I could see us going overboard too. Except for SJG. He's a self-admitted buzz kill and he'd find a way to not have fun, even in that situation. No offense SJG. :)
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    The more money you have, especially first generation wealth. One tends to go overboard. Charlie has paid dearly for his D-bag days. I'd probably do the same in his shoes.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Oh sure great genius, have a multi-million dollar contract and throw it away.
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    Generally a d-bag. And a stupid one at that.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I thought 2 and a half men or whatever the tv show was called was funny but I wouldn't emulate the guy. Would I if I had several million a year coming in? Probably not. I think I would be more I interested in the quality of girls I meet instead of quantity. I just saw an episode last night where his brother or side kick got sprayed by a skunk twice. That was really funny. I understand the humor and think that part of the show is amusing.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    sharkhunter, I could accuse "2 and a half men" of being lowbrow but I still laugh whenever I post "brilliant!" as a reply to a comment, so I can't cast stones at others for repetitively using stupid jokes!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion