tuscl

Top 100 clubs

I was scanning the top 100 list and I have been in some of those clubs and would not return.
I have only been in one of the top 10 and several of the top 100.
The one in the top 10 was a good club but I would not rate it one of the best in the US.
How many pay attention to the ratings. I read the reviews. Many clubs are simply the best in the area. Like the Harem in Dayton ranks in the top 100 but is a shithole compared to Flight Club in Detroit or Penthouse in Detroit.
If you looking to club in a strange city read the reviews do not depend on the rankings.

16 comments

• JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I think most of the regulars here understand that the rankings are completely unreliable and totally irrelevant. I haven't looked at them in years but I do remember once that there was some shit hole in Portland which wasn't even really a strip club and had a handful of reviews but had an incredibly high ranking.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I believe that the rankings are more of which clubs get the most reviews not the best reviews, but I have only been to strip clubs, in a few states outside of Florida so I guess I wouldn't be as qualified as JS69, who travels extensively, but if I was looking outside my immediate area, I would be looking at the last 3-4 months of reviews to gather useful information.
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    I never look at the Top 100 club list. If I'm headed to a new city and want to check out the clubs I pay much more attention to the number of reviews that have been posted. No matter their ranking, clubs with the most reviews are probably reviewed more often for a reason. Think about Follies, Baby Dolls Dallas, HiLiter, the clubs in TJ. Nothing scientific, just an observation.
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    Rankings may be relevant within a giving local area (i.e. one metro area)... but even that has it's flaws. Trying to compare across areas or states is pointless. My favorite example is Savannah's in Harrisburg PA. At one time it was in the top 10. Ha ha ha. Sure Savannah's is the best club in the Harrisburg PA area, but it is far from the best club in PA, let along top 10 nationally. Savannah's reviews are usually biased high because all but one of their local competitors are shit holes.
  • timothyjames55
    8 years ago
    This thread comes at a great time... I'm starting to feel the itch again of wanting to travel somewhere new to try a new club.

About 6 or so weeks ago I posted a thread asking everyone where the best place to travel in the western U.S. was, and overall Phoenix seemed to be the winner. I hopped a flight, visited two clubs out there and came back and left my reviews.

I think I want to open it up to the entire U.S. now... but this Top 100 list doesn't seem to be the answer. Is there a better list anyone knows of, or way to figure out even what city nationwide is a great bet to check out?

A dream hobby would be to try and fly to a different city once a month or so and see how the scene is out that way. I might start planning and budgeting.
  • wallanon
    8 years ago
    I'll look at the ratings, but also the last time a club was reviewed and how many reviews it has. Someone already said ratings are more helpful within a region for comparison, and that's what I've found.

I've been to 5 of the current Top 10, but was a bit of laziness and a canceled trip from seeing 8 of them. 2 more I'll get to once I stop putting the trip off. Of the current Top 100, I've been to 35 of them from taking a quick look.

• nemesisk7
    8 years ago
    Canada and Mexico have the top 3 US doesnt
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    I've been to exactly 4 of the top 100 and I don't know that I would go to any of the 4. One of them was the Admiral Theater in Chicago. That's a nice place to go if you have never been to a strip club before (it was my first!), but no one who is a strip club expert would go there.

I also think whatever mathematical formula they use to determine rankings skips some clubs for some reason, but I'm hard pressed to explain why.
  • rickdugan
    8 years ago
    I have been to 20 of them that I can remember. With respect to the clubs that I know, this is a mixed bag. Some decent clubs have made it to the top, but so too have some egregious corporate clip joints - very notably including BabyDolls, which has managed to squirm its way back into the top 10.

So with all of that said, ratings often have limited value as they are regionally influenced and can be manipulated by those motivated to do so. I also place no trust whatsoever in review counts as a determining factor since I have seen too many reviews for clubs with high counts that look like shill reviews, reinforcing the admonishment below that "Everything written on this site should be considered a work of fiction."

But with all of that said, in unfamiliar places with a lot of clubs, I find that sorting by the Value ratings can be a real good start in the research process. Doing this tends to move a lot (but sometimes not all) of the clip joints down the list and brings the good mid-tier clubs closer to the surface. From there, it is a matter of find a club with the best combination of value and talent and otherwise choosing a club from the details provided in whatever good reviews exist from guys with healthy review counts.

Anyway, just my two cents fwiw.
  • stripfighter
    8 years ago
    Depends on what you're looking for. RAnkings are meaningless w/o criteria. These look like they're more geared towards the casual than the lifers looking for extras. Generally speaking.
  • minnow
    8 years ago
    As of today, I've been to 24 of the top100 (overall ranking) clubs, including 4 in the top 10. I would return to the vast majority of those, though I'll admit that it has been over 7 years or more since I've been to most of them. I've posted this multiple times before, but I feel that the overall score is a reliable guide for selecting the best clubs to go to in a new city. What I do is click the city/metro area of interest, pick the top 3 to 6 scoring clubs (depending on size of the city), then read the reviews of the top scoring clubs to narrow my focus for upcoming visit.
  • minnow
    8 years ago
    I get that a lot of clubs in the top 100 are clubs that happen to be the best for that particular area, and would not make anybody's top list in another city. With several threads over the years asking for the best cities to visit, I propose that founder put up a sticky thread with a poll question-"If you won a grand prize with airline tickets and 4 star or better hotel accommodations plus $1K or more club spending allowance, which cities would be your top 3 choices, in order." "In those 3 cities, which clubs would be your top 3 choices, in order of preference."
    Poll could close by a certain date, or be continuously updated as software programming would allow.

Two tables, one with cities, one with clubs, would be tabulated , ala Olympics style, with number of gold, silver, and bronze "medals" won by number of first, second, and third place votes. That would give a more relevant guide for the best cities/clubs to take a road trip to.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    I think it a combination of things.
    #1. Most of those clubs will not appeal to extras mongerers( except Detroit and follies obviously). Which is what most of this board is. A lot of less hardcore clubbers aren't interested in extras.
    #2 as others have mentioned, it's largely influenced by locals who rate their clubs too high.
    #3 the value rating is different meaning to different people. Artificially boosting the Overall rating of some clubs.
  • TxVegas
    8 years ago
    I have been to 19 of the overall Top 100 list. I do look at ratings when checking out a town I have not been to. But, I also read the reviews as well before deciding where to go.

I believe that the number of reviews a person has is used to weight their review. So, those with many reviews count more than those with one or a few. So, these fake ad reviews by people with one review do little to change the rating but do move other reviews down and potentially to another page.
  • pensionking
    8 years ago
    IMO, the review scores and national rankings are fairly useless (with the possible exception of the value ranking). They're too easily manipulated with a small sample size. They're useless comparing unique geographic regions.

However, reading the narrative of a series of reviews for an area or a club I might be considering visiting is enlightening -- even desertscrub's often accurate (but occasionally inaccurate) "club ad" admonitions. I hope he continues flagging, even if sometimes off. Like others, I also consider the number of reviews written by a given reviewer in decided whether to accept or question the reviewers opinions -- especially if the remarks appear out of the "normal" range.

Generally, the reviews do an excellent job of describing my likely future experiences. Thanks, TUSCL mongers!
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    I think tuscl has too high of expectations in regards to extras/mileage. I have been to 11 clubs in the top 100 and all but 2 were good times. Those 2 exceptions are silver slipper saloon, which wasn't terrible but probably not even a top 500 strip club and sapphire in vegas, hustle factor is too high and customer service is too piss poor for sapphire to be a top 100 club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion