tuscl

Way off topic Click List

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I went to my local Kroger grocery store this morning and noticed a new parking are with 6 spaces marked as "Click List". They were wide spaces just like they have for handicapped customers.

So I had to ask a clerk who they were for. They are for customers that do their grocery shopping on line. The store does the shopping for them and then they use the specially marked parking spaces to come and pick up their groceries.

Would you use this service? I wouldn't. I want to pick out my own vegetables and meat. What happens when the store doesn't have an item on your list. If I'm there, I can get something else instead.

I can also use the exercise.

16 comments

• Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    I do a lot of shopping online nowadays but for groceries in particular I would rather go to the supermarket instead and shop for them. I have a tendency to check for expiration dates and the quality of fresh meats and produce. And since meat and veggies are often priced by the pound, I like to pick out the size and amount that I want. And like you, my lazy ass could use the exercise as well.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    They should just wall it "will call." Lots of stores have will call. Usually they contact you immediately via phone and text when they can't source something or if something is not right. I would expect that in this case.

Typically, they do pick the choicest meats and vegetables for will call customers. I would never do this with a chain, but it has been around since my grandfathers time (1950s) with local mom 'n pop grocers. Back then, you'd just send the kid to the store with cash, and pick up the items. Usually you got personal attention, so they know what you like.

I doubt you'd get that level of service from krogers. Personally I use stores like Krogers for items I can't get from the local mom 'n pop Italian grocer near me or for items the mom 'n pop can't do cheaply enough. For things like dry goods and soaps and other items and don't need top be the utmost quality, I get from the large store. And I get most of my fresh items from the small mom 'n pop where they know me.

My 0.02
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Dominicks used to have Peapod, and they'd deliver to your door. They always had to pick the best looking produce etc. so people wouldn't reject it. It was very expensive too.
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    If you let the store pick out all your groceries for you, there is no longer an opportunity to check out the hot, horny MILFs looking at cucumbers!
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    If I just need a few items real quick, fuck yeah I'd use it and skip all the subhumans and reprobates clogging the aisles. But, if I was picking something fresh or quickly perishable, then I would have to do it myself.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I'm with Corvus, I was just at my local Krogers, shopping and enjoying the beauty of the women shopping. We don't have those "Click List" spaces yet that I saw. And like, shadowcat and Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx said, I want to eyeball the produce, meats and cheeses to pick what I want. Oh, with the HEAT WAVE of 16 going, the women are wearing the skimpiest of tops. OH MY !!
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    I like to pick out my own stuff and since a lot we buy is produce we want to see it and feel it. Plus, some stuff we get like yogurt usually has limited time flavored they're trying out and well usually grab a couple to see if it's any good. We usually get all our ground turkey and chicken at
    Costco because I love the huge perforated ready made packages that I can break apart and store in the freezer. Saves me a ton of time and freezer bags.

I love the ego boost walking around the grocery side and seeing how many women do a double take checking me out. That's always a great feeling and you don't get that shopping online.

For most everything else though I love online since I research everything to find the best at the best price. Love our Amazon prime although starting November 1st they'll start charging 8% sales tax in Alabama.
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    Another thing, last weekend we noticed a Lowes in Huntsville has replaced about 4 or so of the handicap spots right by the front doors with Purple Heart veterans only parking which we both thought was awesome.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    good thread shadow

i like ordering things online, but groceries is something i won't purchase online. i just rather do it the good ol traditional way
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Corvus is right
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
  • tusclfix
    8 years ago
    I've used this.

Yes, you'd want to check fresh produce or meat yourself but if I'm getting say cereal, box of mashed potatoes, paper towels, trash bags, bag of dog food, pack of water, canned stuff, milk, microwave stuff, prepackaged cheese, etc. - it's awful convenient to just drive up and have them load everything into my truck 10 mins.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    For packaged goods that speeds up my shopping, I'd be happy if it was a lot faster and they got it right without giving me damaged containers or damaged goods. Walmart has damaged goods sitting on their shelves. Actually buying most stuff from Walmart, I would want to inspect everything. I try to buy meat and some other items at other stores instead of Walmart. Cold stuff I would get myself too. I don't trust grocery clerks to keep stuff cold nor to get the latest expiration date. If I feel a need to monitor more than half the list like at Walmart, I wouldn't use it. I've seen cracked eggs, nearly expired meat, damaged goods, stuff in the wrong location listed as something else, and expiration dates of tomorrow. This is at all the local grocery stores. Walmart is sometimes worse than the others with out of stock items and expiration dates. I started buying some items from other stores when the local Walmart was always out of stock weeks in a row. Other store merchandise and meat was better quality. I only use Walmart now for prepackaged items that are a lot less expensive for the most part.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Walmart is the evil empire, I'm not surprised.
  • minnow
    8 years ago
    Can't say that I've noticed click spaces at my nearest (OH) Kroger. An interesting FYI: Your Kroger points card should be good at the CA Ralphs stores and vice versa for Ralphs card holders.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I once waited 30 minutes at Walmart trying to get stamps for a relative. I waited for them to call a manager to come over. It took him about 25 minutes. The another 5. I told my relative I'm never going to buy stamps from Walmart again. If Walmart is out of stock on an item multiple visits, I stop buying that item from Walmart forever. I took the time to save two coupons, cut them out, take them to the Walmart store. I found the items. Put the coupons on top of the merchandise but forgot to ask the young clerk if she rang them up. I got home and noticed I was overcharged around 2.50 or 3 bucks because the clerk kept the couponsand didn't use them. I understand the phrase Walmart sucks. It might cost me an extra 10 or 15 per week but thinking about not going back. The main reason I do is I really like the regular roasted macadamia nuts and the other stores don't stock that. Well 15 per week adds up fast too. That's like a lap dance every week. The best gas station in town is past the old Walmart too. Shell has extra additives in the gas that other stations don't. I would rate Walmart the worst shopping experience but best on most prices.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion