tuscl

Trolls

Monday, July 18, 2016 1:27 PM
I've been frequenting the discussion board for a good six years or so, but don't consider myself a member of the "core group." I can also go a few weeks without checking in, so I may be somewhat out of the loop. Over the past year or so, it seems like there's been a huge increase both in troll posts and troll replies. I'm referring to the ones with titles that say, for example, "Such-and-such a member is so F*CKING GAY!" Sometimes, the replies are in the same vein (or else seem to be inside jokes). Anyway, I'm not overly angry about it. I've just found myself wondering why it's gotten to be this way.

17 comments

• chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Juice
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I've been posting on her for almost 20 years and this is the worst that I have seen it. Besides the trolls, you have the troll feeders. Juice has tried to get the best of me ever since he joined but I won't let him or any one else run me off. I have however started to make use of the ignore feature. I avoided using it for a long time because I wanted to hear what was being said. Especially about me but now I don't give a shit. Let the juveniles have their fun.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Zipman still trying to be like Juice and Dougster with his numerous troll accounts
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    ^^ What shadowcat said
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    I agree the trolls are complete out of control. Such a shame that some people have absolutely nothing better to do with their lives than sit and around and call strangers on a internet message boards "gay" (as if that's an insult!) all day. If things don't get back under controlling quick I may have to leave the board forever! *SMH*
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    Trolls have become legion around TUSCL. Unfortunately they no longer hide, but let it out in the open. [view link]
  • Cowboy12
    8 years ago
    I have only been here a few months, but I have already made use of the ignore feature a few times. One of the best features of this site.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Cowboy, amen.
  • UKfan
    8 years ago
    I normally just come on here to post a review and read reviews. I don't get into the discussions often. However this website needs moderators. Most websites have them so I don't know why this one doesn't.
  • DoctorPhil.
    8 years ago
    internet trolls are the worst. especially @mikey who created the obnoxious @zipperhead character and then just kept going by creating @TheeOSU, @4got2wipe, @CaraLynn87, @Hugh_G._Rection, @rickthezoo, and many others ive offered to help @mikey to get psychiatric help many times. i know he cant help it because hes sick. as a spece geneious i can spot his retarded crap characters a mile away. so i take the time to call him out so he will eventually realize that he has problems and get help once @mikey leaves everything will be peachy. i promise to continue telling stories about my amazing life and welcoming your praise your welcome for my many contributions to the site
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    As long as there is an ignore function here I don't think a moderator is really needed. At least now when you ignore someone there is absolutely no sign of them here on the boards. Back in the olden days (a couple years ago) if you had someone on ignore their name would appear in blue sequentially in the thread where their post was. Thankfully our beloved Founder saw fit to get rid of that. All Hail Founder!
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    Embrace the ignore feature.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I used to ignore the ignore feature. But no longer. Now I am forced to have lots off these idiots on ignore. Otherwise without a moderator I would leave.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Sure I could use the "ignore" button to deal with trolls but that is not big enough punishment for them, and it doesn't force others to follow suit. So I just like to whine endless about them instead. Also their very existence causing me great psychic pain which merely ignoring them cannot resolve. What is to be done?
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Depends on who defines who is a troll. Baiting others is irritating to most but what's the big deal here. Use ignore if you don't care for someone but I have said this many times before. If you don't get it maybe the joke is you.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    The troll level is high. It is basically some people who want to try and drive others off of this board. So it is completely contradictory with the idea of even having a forum. I avoided using ignore for over 18 months. But now: DoctorPhil [restore] DoctorPhil. [restore] ime [restore] Meat72 [restore] san_jose_gay [restore] SJG
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    I had @Founder on ignore for a number of months. However, he recently cleaned-up his posts and he's become a productive member of the forum. Therefore, I took him off ignore.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion