tuscl

Fruit

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:44 AM
No this isn't about SJGuy although he fully qualifies as a fruit and a nut. I'm speaking of the fruit that grows on trees. I love that stuff especially this time of year when the supermarkets are overflowing with fruit. I ate some black cherries and blueberries as part of my breakfast and I often snack on them during the day. I'd have to say that they're my favorite fruits although I also have bananas and nectarines at home right now. Watermelon is among my favorites too although I haven't bought any yet this year because I don't have the space in my fridge right now as it's full of lots of other things, beer. I actually like most if not all fruit. I'm just curious, do you guys like fruit as much as I do? What are your favorites?

15 comments

• Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Sure. I grow my own too. It's pretty simple to grow strawberries and blueberries. The ones you ripen yourself always taste better. I like to cut up the strawberries and eat them in my salads. I usually snack on oranges and bananas and whatever else is in season. A friend of mine has been bringing me georgia peaches, which I have been grilling on the charcoal grill with Amish Ohio honey for dessert with dinner. Yum. The trick with the beer, is to upgrade / replace your old fridge before it fails. Then you have a second fridge to keep beer / water in. }:)
  • a21985
    8 years ago
    I grew up on an orchard, but I still don't necessarily like fruit. I am however fond of a bowl of freshly picked blueberries (not that store bought nonsense) in milk with some sugar. Sounds weird, but it tastes amazing.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Peaches will always be my favorite
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    We've got mulberry trees around my apartment. They are bearing fruit now and every day I go out and feast on them.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    TheeOSU, so what kind of fruit are you? SJG [view link]
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Plums, apricots, cherries and tangerines are great. I used to put grapes on my corn flakes.
  • metaldude
    8 years ago
    Cherries, apples, strawberries, blueberries, plums...what's not to like?
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    "TheeOSU, so what kind of fruit are you?" No fruit but I have a big cucumber that you can feast on and i'll pass on the prostate massage.
  • DoctorPhil.
    8 years ago
    i only eat exotic fruits like carambola and jackfruit and mangos. i have refined taste
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    TheeOSU, if that is the kind of things you like to do, there is someone trolling me who you should seek out. But I am not interested in that. SJG [view link]
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    All of it
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Cherries are grown here in Michigan, and when they are in season, they are delightful to snack on. Our apple crops are awesome. I won't forget strawberry season earlier in the spring here. Fresh from the farm !
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    "if that is the kind of things you like to do, there is someone trolling me who you should seek out." O'rly, aren't you speaking of yourself? If there are 2 different SJGs the other one is much more pleasant, more popular, and less of a troll.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    I didn't want salmon, I said it 4 times
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    I like strawberries, raspberries, cherries and blueberries a lot, plus clementines when they are in season. My favorite way to experience cherries is in Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream! And to a21985: Not weird at all! At my grandma and Grandpa's house we used to have big bowls of blueberries with milk and sugar at breakfast.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion