tuscl

Why announce? "Specific poster --> ignore"

4got2wipe
In a brilliant place!
No disrespect but one of the oddest phenomena here at TUSCL. There is invariably some poster, potentially a troll, that posts some goofy short bus stuff and somebody will announce that they don't like it and say they're ignoring them. I can understand the desire not to read stuff if it irritates you. But I don't understand the whole having to say "I am now ignoring you" as opposed to just clicking ignore.

This struck me with "Dacandyman". MrDeuce is generally a nice and positive guy. It is just that the whole "poster --> ignore" posts kind of strike me as equivalent to getting irritated with the goofball kids in the high school cafeteria, going to the head goofball's locker, drawing a big old dick on it in sharpie, and going away before said goofball notices you. I'm not going to make judgements and I can understand a desire to say "hey goofball I find you non-brilliant." Dacandyman may be fucking with us or he may just be an idiot. Or he may have just been high and posting genuine feelings in a non-brilliant. I don't know.

This isn't advocating that you engage with Dacandyman or stop ignoring him. And no disrespect because I'm a "to each his own" person. But I am curious about the practice of announcing your ignores! ;)

16 comments

• 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    The real expert with this is georgmicrodong. I'm just not sure about that guy.

Think objectively. Some guy posts with a name bragging about having a small dick. He posts material about BDSM and often criticizing people. He complains about having to click twice rather than once to ignore somebody. I mean really, just click twice you bozo.

It strikes me that his "hey you, you're on ignore" or "hey you, you're an idiot" posts are actually more common than his actual posts. Maybe he is for real. He has a lot of reviews and he's written articles. But do any of us really know if anything any of us post is real? I think anybody who reads my reviews could tell that I was there. There are only two but they are detailed. But maybe I could have faked it. Do you really know? I'm telling you I didn't and that I'm sincere but you don't 100% know, do you?

Anyway, maybe georgmicrodong is a weirdo that's fucking with us to have a laugh. Maybe he's real. I don't find him entertaining like I find rickdugan. That's just me. If he is fucking with us I actually respect him more because that would he's one of the goofballs sitting at the retard table in the high school cafeteria. He's just leaning back and doing something more subtle than squirting milk out of his nose when he laughs. If so, that's kind of brilliant! ;)

If not, he's just a grumpy old man that likes to draw penises on the goofballs' lockers in sharpie and run away. That's neither mature nor brilliant! :(
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Gmd is a grumpy old fart
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    Stupid is as stupid does.

I've taken to engaging trolls and I know better. Really, at the end of the day no one here is worth raising your blood pressure over. If you are steamed, maybe you need to go get some lap dances and chill if you have the money for the club, if you don't--- Walk away, take a deep breath and find some other diversion. I just choose not to let idiots rent free space in my head, I got enough problems dealing with real assholes like creditors, insurance companies, banks and the government. So why rent free space in your head to people who don't have the teeth to really bite you when there are enough jerks with teeth out there to begin with??

Now if you enjoy a good online spat and are doing it to entertain yourself
    that's another matter altogether- Carry on!
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    Why not post that you will ignore some idiot? Let's them know that their stupid shit won't be clogging up your view.
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    Personally I will be offended if any says they have me on ignore. It's in my personality to have everyone like me.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I have no one on ignore at the moment, even the trolls that hate me. A little hatred sharpens my wit.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    Passive aggressiveness
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    4got2wipe, I for one think you make a very positive contribution to this board. Once I got past your somewhat unfortunate name choice, I have continually enjoyed your references to dachshunds and rimjobs, not to mention your occasional use of the term "brilliant" :) You're not the first to remark on my oddly public ignoring.

FWIW, JimGassagain, I find you quite likable, just like your namesake. Cool handle, BTW.

I think georgmicrodong is for real. Personally I appreciate his self-deprecating sense of humor, starting with his username.

sclvr, thanks for the support. That's exactly what I'm thinking when I post "retard --> ignore". The world is already teeming with people who can't write worth a damn. When someone posts like a middle-school moron texting his bruh, I want to publicly state "This tool is no longer going to consume an iota of my attention". I suppose it's one of the douche-baggier things I do on this board. The good news is that I have so many juice aliases and other intentional dimwits or racists on ignore that I seldom have to add another.

Now I think I'll return to posting videos of topless all-natural big-breasted blasians doing jumping jacks :)
  • bvino
    8 years ago
    I found it hard to follow this thread as I have most of the retorts on ignore.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    ^
    Nobody has retorted until you and now, me LOL
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    Interesting -- though I have a *lot* of people on ignore, I can see all 10 responses to this thread, meaning that no one on my Ignore list has posted.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I am proud to say I have no one on ignore, announcing that you do(have someone on ignore) is childish kind of like sticking your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes, and shouting nanananana anytime you make that kind of a statement. I also think some of the ignore announcers are full of shit I can think of one poster, in particular that has posted that someone else was on ignore and responded anyway.
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    I am, of course, one of the infamous "ignore announcers". Sometimes I put someone on ignore and then "un-ignore" him (silently) because I've decided he makes worthwhile contributions to the board.

For instance, one TUSCLer "propped" a couple of my reviews with seemingly anti-Semitic remarks like "Did you get any good smells up your Heeb nose?" or something to that effect. Ultimately I decided that he wasn't actually anti-Semitic (I think) but just had a provocative sense of humor, so he went off the list. BTW, I'm not Jewish -- I just consider racist humor beyond the pale (so to speak).

Another TUSCLer went on my ignore list for referring to another, who is a libertarian like me, as a "member of the white fascist brigade". Something I hate about as much as racism is the Left's mindless propensity to label anyone even vaguely rightwing as "fascist". But he, too, had positive contributions to make and went off the list.

I will probably continue to be an "ignore announcer" on rare occasion, but truthfully the law of diminishing returns seems to have set in. When you ignore enough racists, dimwits, and juice aliases, this discussion board can be a very entertaining and even enlightening place!
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Although there are some here that I disagree with or don't like putting them on ignore is like sticking your head in the sand.
  • Shylynn
    8 years ago
    I once put juice on ignore but my love for him wouldn't let me forever. I'm so glade I took him off ignore. I love his retarded ass
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Juice is the Mang
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion