tuscl

How's the weather in your hood on this July 4th ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

92 down here in Miami - but sunny as hell to where the sun stings - the heat-index is 104 according to Weather.com - we'd had a lot of rain the last 3 or 4 days kinda helping out w/ the heat but's been pretty dry today.

23 comments

• etsutwigg222
    8 years ago
    109 here in PHX. Humidity up due to monsoon season. Perfect day to stay inside.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Warm and humid in NYC but not as bad as last year.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Typical summer here in Atlanta. 92 deg with high humidity and isolated thunderstorms.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Heat index was about 107 about 2 pm, no heat warning. Over at the coast heat warnings issued and the heat index was 109. Local crap upstate people here don't issue heat warnings here unless it's like 115 to 120. I think they stay in the air conditioning all day drinking beer or something. I heard someone say it was a dry heat here. That's crap. The heat index was only 2 or 3 degrees off from the coast where every county had warnings or watches. When temps exceed 100 not counting humidity, they might issue a caution. I think they are cold blooded. I can handle zero degrees better than 115 heat index.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Ok just checked, heat index 107 my location. 102 in Greenville heat index, and heat index 102 in myrtle beach where they issued heat warnings.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Ok Conway sc heat index 113, I thought it had to exceed 110 for someone to issue a warning. It's just too cold here for that. Supposed to be around 100 to 101 in a few days air temp.

I just sweat a whole lot. I'll get over it by October.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Very pleasant up here, it got up to 82 and dry.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Send us some rain, Papi, we need it bad.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ don't you guys have some big lakes up there - get some water from there or just ask larry to go up there and make it rain
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    They are going to be cooking barbecue in the upstate this coming weekend. With temps around 100, they could use the sun to cook it.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    ^^^I don't agree with most of your views Papi, but that was fucking funny.
  • whodey
    8 years ago
    Absolutely crappy. Rainy and mid 70s.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ state your coordinate/location dude

:)
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Papi, if we could, we would. History of rainmaking produces spotty results. We have agreements with Canada and neighboring states not to divert Great Lakes water. If we did, there would be a shitstorm with our neighbors.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Light to heavy rain, high of 72 ° in Alexandria VA. Fireworks in DC probably cancelled. It's definitely Obama's fault (lol).

Despite the crap weather, the family elected to go to the boat and scale back to a make-your-own sandwich buffet. Between the six seat table, a couple of folding rockers and an upper deck with full canvas we had a great time. Lots of beer and soda flowing, too.
  • Cowboy12
    8 years ago
    It was 90 and humid in Cocoa Beach as well....another miserable day with more to come this week.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Actually my temp is 75, air conditioner either needs a new filter or I didn't buy enough power to keep up with near 110 heat index days. Should be better in a couple hours. Air conditioner guy sold me that I didn't want to buy too much power or it wouldn't run as efficiently. Been running nonstop all day since morning. Hmmm, beer would cool me off.
    Should have thought of that sooner.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Ok, much cooler now. Down 3 degrees inside my house and 2.5 beers later, feel a lot cooler.

Happy 4th everyone. Looking forward to see some fireworks. I'll probably hear them popping outside my house.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Cleveland, 72 degrees, raining.
  • TravelingGolfer
    8 years ago
    San Diego, 71 and sunny. Not too shabby.
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    Beautiful in Lalaland.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I'd be ok with 130 for a few hours outside if it would make all the birds fly away to someplace cooler near water. I hear them out there at 5 am. Haha, I could buy some fireworks and scare them. Probably start a fire though. It's too dry.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    Not sure where Papi is located down here in S. Florida, but I know he is north of me. Our weather took the 4th off, so we had no weather.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion