tuscl

The official TUSCL Golden State Apologists Thread

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
Monday, June 20, 2016 9:19 AM
First of all, for several reasons i'm shocked that the Cavs beat GS in the finals. I hoped they would but honestly didn't expect that they would. With Cleveland's terrible sports history I figured something would happen to derail them, I was even expecting it as the final minute wound down. They did it the old way, grit, defense, and timely shots. But some of you refuse to admit it so here's your thread to make excuses. Such as, Curry must have been hurt, he wasn't himself. How about last year 2 key Cavs, Irving and Love were out of the finals because of injuries but the Cavs still ran them to 6 games. Irving had a sore foot last night too but no excuses here. After both teams played a season of approx. 100 games everyone had injuries of some sort. The Splash bros weren't themselves. How about the Cavs cranked up their defense, maybe that's why they weren't themselves. It was fixed. Right! The officials blew it. The officials missed calls on both sides of the ball, it happens all the time. Plus someone mentioned in another thread that most of the scores were too lopsided for an official's call to alter the game. Face it! After losing the first 2 games the Cavs made adjustments that knocked GS off their game. Kerr was outcoached by a rookie coach with exactly a half season of experience and the Cavs were more determined as a team. It wasn't just LeBron, or LeBron and Irving. It was a team effort! But it's ok, this is the thread where all the infidels and haters can vent and make excuses.

35 comments

• larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Another thing Golden State apologists will say is that Golden State should have won in 5, but that the NBA screwed them over by suspending Green for game 5!
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Yup.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Green needs to stop being a squirrel and not messing with the nuts then he won't get suspended. BTW Green proved to be a class act he played harder than anyone else from GS and after the game was over he went and congratulated the Cavs publicly so I have much respect for that man. Much more than Curry who acted like a jerk and got his ass punked by LBJ & Kyrie & others on the Cavs team defensively. My favorite play in the last 3 minutes was Curry on a fast break score 89-89, LeBron ran the length of the court and blocke what would have been an almost uncontested layup.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    When you can't score for the final 4+ minutes, you don't win many basketball games.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I am not a Green fan at all but I have to hand it to him, he came to play in game 7. He's very talented (just look at how frustrated he got LeBron early in the series) he just shows his emotion which can rub a lot of people (players and fans) the wrong way.
  • minnow
    8 years ago
    Not apologizing here, just handing it to the Cavs for coming back from a 3-1 deficit. Gotta love it when an underdog wins. The play cited by "25" in closing sentence most effectively states the case for LBJ being a complete player.
  • TravelingGolfer
    8 years ago
    25: LeBron's block at the end may not be remembered by many in the future, but in my opinion it may be one of the highlights of his career. It was an incredible athletic play, where he gave 110% and it was a huge momentum changed. All the talk of him quitting in 4th quarters, jumping teams to join front runners, etc. were erased in that moment in my mind. Bringing them back from down 3-1 against the defending champs and best regular season recordholders is historic. I never liked LeBron much, although I respected his talent. I just didn't think he was as good as Jordan or a gamer like Jordan. I have to admit, the last 3 games changed my opinion of him entirely. I honestly don't know who the GOAT is anymore. If LeBron wins one more ring with the Cavs, I may have to concede that LeBron is better than MJ. Thought I'd never say that. It's a coin toss. BTW, Kyrie is pretty damn phenomenal too.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    To Traveling I suggest the GOAT is the GSW for relying on the 3 point play to the neglect of defense and the thinking that scoring is the only thing that is important. I suggest that they did another Draymond Green and get rid of one of the two Splash Chokers that don't play much defense.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I was for Golden State, but I don't really like them. I just dislike the Cavs more But props to LeBron. The best player in the league put the team as his shoulders and led them to the title. The MVP of the league did not. I'm liking LeBron a lot better now. When it came crunch time, Curry sucked. And Harrison Barnes? Has that guy ever made a basket in his life. I'm 56 and fat and could shoot better than he can.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    LeBron is gonna get all the credit, but what about Kyrie? I thought LeBron and Kyrie should have been co-MVP. Kyrie averaged 27 pts a game in the finals, and he hit the game winning three in game 7.
  • Aaron_hip
    8 years ago
    Fuck LeBron. I never liked him and never will.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I thought Kyrie should have gotten the MVP as he was more of a force throughout the entire series. Jordan vs LeBron - the endless debate. First it was Kobe now it's LeBron. The biggest difference is Jordan (and Kobe) were selfish players, LeBron works to move the ball to his team-mates. Lastly Jordan punching Steve Kerr in the face when they were with both playing for the Bulls. Think LeBron would ever punch a teammate? Never.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    To Larry don't worry Kyrie is gonna get paid that's a lot better than credit.
  • clubdude
    8 years ago
    Live by the three and die by the three.
  • TravelingGolfer
    8 years ago
    25, I agree on the goat. By GOAT, I meant 'greatest of all time' though, referring to LeBron or Jordan. Shai, I agree that Jordan and Kobe were more selfish than LeBron, but Jordan still averaged over 5 assists per game. I think Jordan's selfishness was more about winning and he thought he gave his team the best chance of winning if he shot all the time. LeBron is definitely a better teammate though. He would never punch a teammate. Part of that is that I still think Jordan had more fire and was more intense all the time, which made him the player he was.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Jeez - I've heard of sore losers - but sore winners - well - there's Cleveland for ya.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Personally - credit needs to be given to the Cavs - LeBron and Kyrie were clearly the best two players on the court - no doubt about it. Personally - I think it would have been more impressive a win if GS would have played like GS - i.e. Cleveland beating GS with Curry going off for 30+ as he's usually capable off would have really said something - beating GS when by many a measure the most prolific shooter in NBA history only scores 17 points and was way below his avg is a bit watered down IMO.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I'm not sure - but I think GS did not score the last 6 minutes of the game - some would say it was "superb" Cavs defense - who knows for sure - but IMO GS lost the game as much as Cleveland won it- somebody has to win - and somebody has to lose - and there are often many factors at play.
  • Aaron_hip
    8 years ago
    The 73-9 record will never be broken again Now that a team got that record and still could not win the championship, no team will ever try to break that record. Even though this is heart-broken, the record is bigger than a championship. A championship comes every year. The record comes once in 20 years at the minimum, if ever. Also, if this team can win again next year, then this year’s loss will just be seen with an asterisk because of that regular season record, Green’s suspension AND Curry’s injury. History will judge this team fondly…
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    I really like both Curry and LeBron. I'm happy to see LeBron add a ring to make Kobe lovers a bit more quiet in the comparisons. This was a weird series.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    "the record is bigger than a championship" That is so false!
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    LBJ has a very good all-around game - but he shot less than 40% from the field; was 1 for 5 from 3's; and had 5 turn-overs; thus far from efficient - and was aided by the fact he got to the line 10 times - in fact Cle just right at about 40% and GS around 38% - thus although it was a very exicitng game; IMO it was far from two teams duking it out at the heights of their powers and more of which team played less-bad.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Actually - GS did not score the last 4:39 (not 6:xx minutes)
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I did predict in a thread a while back that Cleveland would be the first team to ever win after being down 3-1. But I'm horrible at sports predictions so I admit it was a fluke. It was a great last game.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Sooo basically the bull's with Jordan Team's are better because they had the perfect season and then brought home the championship Golden state championship failure reminds me of the Undefeated Patriots Superbowl failure
  • TravelingGolfer
    8 years ago
    Great analogy juice. Exactly.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Thank you
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    Isn't the morel of the story that GSW wouldn't have gone 73-9 during the regular season if other teams bothered to up their defensive effort?
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    All hail the king! That's all I have to say he did deliver With a Little Help from Kyrie
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I'm worried about Nina, she hasn't been heard from since before the game.
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    (72 + ring) > 73 ???
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    The Lakers was robbed
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    i agree with cflock.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Yup.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    I purposely decided not to comment other than my original post and won't again because this thread was for the whiners and apologists aka excuses and there have been a few that were good for some LOLs. Say what you want but the Cavs are the official 2016 NBA champs. :D
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion