tuscl

Impressions of Detroit clubs

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
Here are my impressions of Detroit strip clubs after spending last night here. I know you can't tell a lot after a single night's visit, especially in a place this big, but at least I am able to judge strip clubs quicker and better than your average looser. And I have a national perspective for comparison purposes.

Went to three clubs. First Flight Club. There were some reasonably attractive girls (8ish) but all were light chocolate and not my top choice. Since the night was young I decided to move on.

Next to BTs. Quality of dancers here was considerable weaker. I did get dances from a cute Hispanic girl who seemed disappointed that she wasn't going to suck my dick. But overall the dancers were mediocre looking, and there were only a few white girls, all fat.

So after two club visits, I'm wondering "where da white girls at." Well once I got to Landing Strip I found at least a few of the white girls. The lineup was a little better, and I found three girls that the little head would accept. Of course by this time it's 1:30 am so I can no longer be too picky. The second of my 3 choices took care of me.

So here are my impressions of Detroit strip clubs after one full night of clubbing here.

1. Dancers are below average quality in looks in the three clubs I went to. A clear step below the average quality of Follies girls as a comparison.

2. Mileage and extras are off the fucking charts. No place else in the U.S. is like this.

3. While there are lots of clubs, they are really spread out. And Uber service sucks. I waited 10-15 min every time for a car. When I could get one. Twice I had to use Lyft.

4. Overall Detroit deserves the title of strip club capital of the country. If I lived here I'm sure I could find my perfect looking young women in these clubs. It just takes a while to sift through them I suspect.

5. The 2 am closing rule is a pain in the ass. It was hard to find time to fully check out 3 clubs.

6. Prices are reasonable. I tried not to overpay though.

39 comments

• Longball300
    8 years ago
    Good summary of which I would agree with on all points. The D is indeed number one on my strip club city list. You will find the quality of ladies will 1) Vary quite a bit from night to night and 2) Improve on the weekend. The 2am rule is something we have always had in this part of the country; just need to get started earlier, even as early as 4-5 pm so you can check out the day shift ladies as well.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I agree 100% with your assessment.

Now you know while in the "D" I use my rental car and pass on the cabs.l so I can get around quicker.

2am closing time does suck dick, I wish they stayed open until 4am.

So, you've questioned me in the past on "why did you go to 5 different clubs in one night" and you just did the same thing. Detroit is different and the talent is so hit or miss in the clubs on any given night, it's weird. In one big citites I walk into a club and ALWAYS find a hot girl to hang out with, in detroit not so much. There may be 2 hot girls and they are tied up with a regular, so then it's time to move on.

One thing surprising about your visit, you said Flight Club had mostly ebony dancers? In most of my past visits usually 90% of the dancers were white, if not over 90%, but I'm always there on a Friday or Saturday night.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Yes, John, I agree 2am closings suck after you have been to markets with longer hours. We shall see how it goes tonight.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    JS - having clubbed with you, I know what you consider fat and for those not in the know, dancers who many of us consider thick, JS considers fat. He likes spinners. I thought I would clarify for the masses who don't know your tastes.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^ I always got the impression that JS is incredibly picky but in his defense in all my trips to Detroit I have only seen three "9s" and never a "10." I am often being generous with giving a girl an "8" in the D.

One of the 9s was at BTs where JS was last night.
  • georgebailey
    8 years ago
    Accurate assessments of Detroit. And ubers not big here. You should have a car and know your way around.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Last week when I was at Flight club in the late afternoon, there was a guy at the table close by me, drunk, drunk, drunk. He Ubered on his phone, it took him 10 minutes he was so fucked up, but they showed up quick. I imagine time of day affects pickup time.
  • georgebailey
    8 years ago
    Dancer quality is (always) subjective. That said, I never stay more than 20 minutes if it's sub par.

If hotstuff or Nina's working it's never an issue. These are beautiful girls with personality and intelligence. They're out there.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    FC was mostly white girls when I came to last year's meetup so I was surprised at the mostly light chocolate group of dancers last night. I went there looking for blonds and redheads But several of them were attractive, and if it had been later in the night I would've been happy to end the evening with one of them.

I club high most of the time so I can't drive. A car is convenient but weed is such an incredible addition to the clubbing experience that I can't resist most of the time. And I'm not driving impaired. Sorry Rick.

I do tend to define "thick" as fat. Most of the girls at BTs weren't really fat, mostly just what others would call thick.
  • a21985
    8 years ago
    Glad that my favorite club in the metro area ended up being the winner for you! I've never been dissapointed there. Though, I'm kinda surprised that you had trouble finding what you wanted at FC earlier in the day...
  • maho
    8 years ago
    As an out of state visitor, have been wildly disappointed my 2 visits to Flight Club.

Penthouse and the newly discovered for me Coliseum are significant steps up in the dancer quality - IMO

That said, totally agree with the hit or miss comments. Have visited Penthouse before and the dancer quality was subpar.
  • maho
    8 years ago
    Regarding Flight Club, have read enough good things and like the club layout that I'm sure I'll give them a try again - perhaps as early as next week when in town.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^ it's always a cycle - good and bad girl quality at the clubs in the D

One thing is for sure, colesium seems to always have hot girls and for the last year I've seen the quality decline at the flight club.
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    I agree with what you wrote, JS (except for your spelling of "loser" :) Dancer quality is hit or miss, prices are reasonable, clubs are too spread out to Uber easily, and 2am closing sucks (though we dayshift guys don't care).

But the reason PLs in the know call Detroit the strip club capital of the U.S. is the mileage and extras, which are indeed off the charts. I was at Henry VIII on Monday afternoon and the Criket on Tuesday afternoon and decided just to ask for lap dances and see what happened. In both cases the dancer was unzipping me, pulling my pants down, and sucking my dick by the end of the first song without my even asking for it. I had to slow each one down and negotiate details before letting her continue.

As I PMed a friend upon my return from the D: "Evidently extras are so prevalent in Detroit that you don't even have to ask for them!"
  • maho
    8 years ago
    Another thing I've recently discovered is there can be an additional shift of dancers arrive around 9:30 - 10:00 at night. If you are at a club as this time is approaching and are thinking of bailing, it might be worth it to hang around for a few more minutes.
  • silkypants
    8 years ago
    I was a the penthouse club last night and there was a good but not great selection of girls. Only one red head on the day shift. Quality was better on my March visit but there were also a lot more customers.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    thanks for the report JS69.

i've never clubbed in detroit, but have heard good things. so you got dances from a cute HISPANIC girl, eh? you know i'm jealous of that! :)
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    JS69- there's three female dancer TUSCLers in Detroit: Nina, Hotstuff, and Rei.
    You're not gonna visit any of them?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I'd visit Nina given the chance. Our lost member, Rech spoke highly of her.
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    I recommend a weekday afternoon visit to the Criket to see TUSCL contributor hotstuffbabi69, who is both beautiful and sweet. However, she has a *lot* of admirers, making it difficult to get any time with her. I didn't succeed in getting on her dance card on Tuesday, so I found alternative companionship, as noted above. I hasten to add that hotstuff does dances only, AFAIK. PM her for details of her work schedule at BT's and the Criket.
  • VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    JS great write up and description of the vibe in Detroit.
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    Hell, the only reason I'm still reading this is to wait for the story of JS meeting Nina. So looking forward to hearing what happens.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    I liked the live-posting of the night. That was a nice touch.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Wow!

SJG

A History of Black Power in America, Stokely Carmichael, Civil Rights Movement
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX7oTZ--…
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    JohnSmith69, you might want to check out Players. They'll have several young white girls to choose from. Also, Coliseum is up the street and might be worth a try.

Thanks GeorgeBailey! :) I believe we met at Players!
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Players has been my ATF over the years. It's been renovated, but the quality remains.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I won't be available for a meet this weekend.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I tried to arrange meeting hot stuff and Nina but it did t work out. I guess I'll have to come back to Detroit.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    I wanna go to Detroit now! Words I thought I'd NEVER say!!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I'm not too well-traveled - but in my limited experience and per my tastes; I have not been too impressed w/ the women up north - I def prefer the southern booty - I assume part of that may be that the further south one goes the less clothing the women tend to wear out and about and thus I may notice them more since I tend to notice the bod more than the face - probably not a correct assumption- but I often think that people in warm-climates may take better care of their bods (particularly women) since they wear clothing which shows their bods off more whereas up north they are covered a good amount of the year.

I SCed in the D in July 2014 for my first and only time - personally overall I was not too impressed w/ the dancers' looks although that's not to say I found them unattractive; just not irresistible - I also assume that clubs with high-extras are often not gonna be the clubs with the best-looking dancers and many/most D clubs are extras-heavy.

I think most people that rave about the D clubs is more b/c of the willingness and ableness of the dancers vs the dancers necessarily being more attractive than in other cities (i.e. b/c of the ease of extras not found anywhere else to that degree).
  • georgebailey
    8 years ago
    Papi you're generalizing but that's okay. There's plenty of great girls up north, but you're right south is different. It's the club, and the management, that makes the difference. You're not going to find a hot and sexy Nina or Stuff in a dumpy club.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    True georgeb - but when it comes to hot babes for the most part I personally don't recall many people raving about northern cities - usually places like LA; Phoenix; Dallas/Houston; Atlanta, Miami; etc, personally; w/ the emphasis on personally, I've never met anyone that went to Detroit (for w/e reason) and I've heard them say "man the women there are incredible (outside the SCs)" - but have heard that of the cities I mentioned.
  • a21985
    8 years ago
    Worth a look since the topic has shifted this way: http://clover.co/blog/the-most-attractiv…

While Detroit itself appears to be dogging it, seems like there's a solid mix of north and south for both attactive and unattractive, including a nod to state of Michigan when it comes to attractive women.
  • samsung1
    8 years ago
    The dayshift at penthouse used to be good but it had gone downhill. Customer service there is also now down the drain. Extras were available with every girl but some wanted ROB prices of 400+.

I agree detroit clubs are spread out but I try to visit neighboring clubs. For example bogarts and flight club are right by each other. Also subis and h8s are close together.
  • samsung1
    8 years ago
    The clubs in toledo stay open until 4-5am but it's a good 45 minutes south of detroit
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    2:00 a.m. closing clubs are not an issue if one plans accordingly - but even then it can be an issue if one has to drive for a bit and is unable to head to the club at a decent hour for w/e reason.

And as JS69 mentioned; IME it can def be an issue if one wants to club-hop.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    "... Impressions of Detroit clubs ..."

Sorry - I don't do impressions
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    Props to JS69 for not being another DUI smuck on the road.... Personally, I always get a rental: way more convenient, often cheaper IME, and don't made valet-ing it as much as my ride.

You a'll making me jealous. All I ever get to see of Detroit is the the airport.
  • pensionking
    8 years ago
    I've been to Detroit often, but never Tijuana. I've often wondered how quality compares. I understand TJ wins on quantity and value.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion