tuscl

Death of the REAL greatest

ATACdawg
Thank God Trump is FIRED!!! Lock him up!
I just heard that Gordie Howe died on Friday. He was a great player. Keep in mind that the bulk of his career was played in 50 game seasons vs today's 77 game seasons. More than that, he was a gentleman and a great ambassador for the game. No less a player than Wayne Gretzky, who was seven when he first met Howe, said that Howe was the real inspiration for his career and the greatest of all time.

His short, to the point book, "Hockey, Here's Howe" was my hockey playing Bible when I was growing up.

The hockey world will miss him greatly.

9 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    He was cool, although the other day I read a lot of controversial things about him. I guess he experimented with stem cell treatments in Mexico a lot to improve his health, which I never realized.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I'm not really a hockey fan, but it just blows my mind that began his NHL career in 1946, just a year after WW II and played his final game in 1980 when I was in college.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    There are lots of ways to be great. One doesn't preclude the others.
  • clubdude
    8 years ago
    The stem cell thing was after his stroke in 2014. It was a last ditch move by his family since he was on his way out. It warked and he recovered, we got about 20 extra months of Mr Hockey.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    Face it, Stem cells are available from the umbilical chord on birth but we have a whacked out prohibition because the right to life people are so afraid a fetus MAY be harvested.... I for one do NOT blame the Howe family!

As for Gordie Howe himself, He was an avatar of the Ice in an age when the game was brutal.... He showed leadership and inspired younger players coming up from the league, and had a "I'd rather be playing" work ethic not unlike Cal Ripken or Brett Favre in their respective sports. Gordie was an icon, but he also had longevity in a very tough sport. He will be missed.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    The Gordie Howe hat trick - a goal, an assist and a fight. He will be missed.
  • DoctorPhil.
    8 years ago
    my pappy used to hang out with gordie how all of the time. he was an old family friend. did i ever tell you that my great grandpappy sold colonel harlun sanders his first pressure fryer and he also gave gordie his first hocky stick

your welcome for all my family has done for the world
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    RIP Mr. Howe. You are missed.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    He was the greatest - and his story will never be repeated in the world of hockey. His longevity - and his ability to play at a high level for so long - is remarkable. A great guy too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion