tuscl

$

Timex345
Illinois
The road to riches seems clear. I essentially have to ignore everything I was taught growing up. The "Real World" is a bitch. To bad my morals always get in the way.

11 comments

• twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I don't get where you are coming from the, richest guys I know have moral clarity, and there many things they or I wouldn't do. if you are looking to get rich hard work, saving money, operating in a clearly defined arena, are imperative, that along with a little luck (which you make yourself) are extremely important.
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    Amen, 25! Wealth results from working hard *and* smart, saving assiduously and investing wisely. Blaming your poverty on your morals is bullshit.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    First you get the money
    then you get the power
    then you get the woman
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Get an education in a field in demand, or do sales.
    Don't have kids.
    Don't get married (women need expensive furniture, clithes, etc)
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Actually DINC is even better
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    Actually rich daddy is even better
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I think riches are there by not just standing up for your principles, but by finding comrades and making war.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I'm going to read Elon Musk's biography. He may be someone who can justly make the claim, "Never had a job in my life."

He started his first two companies, PayPal and a predecessor to Google Maps, having just $2k. That is just barely enough money to live for one month here.

Most people would have succumbed to social pressure and gotten a job. They would have done something which does not contribute to their long term goals or support their values. Most people, because of social pressure, pressure from parents, and pressure from the opposite sex, get turned into Homer Simpson.

SJG
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    Not sure I get the point of the OP. Most highly successful people retain a certain set of principals that are generally reasonable (and virtuous).

I think - if you look at the news - there is a lot of political correctness policing going on. I'm not a big pc guy. Remember that Pharma pro guy? He was pretty wealthy - and he did a real dick move - raising the prices of his products significantly. He's not getting shit from everyone. These folks need all the positive pr they can get - as it generally helps the valuations of their publicly held companies.

You can step on lots of folks - and gain a little. Or you can make good contacts - and maintain a good reputation - and that will pay dividends for a very long time.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    One more point. The real world might be a bitch - but you will find that it's a small world - and there's definitely business world karma.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I think most people are pressured into giving up on doing things they believe in. Parents, opposite sex, and society in general. The people who do not do this, come out better. I think this is where the OP is looking.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion