tuscl

Platinum Plus Allentown dancers want to settle lawsuit over pay

martinb244
Florida
Thursday, June 2, 2016 2:46 AM
If anyone still cares:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/allentow…

If I understand this properly:
Elaine Alvarez, original plaintiff, and 29 signatories will share $177,500.
Ms. Alvarez will also receive an additional $15,000.
Two dancers not in favor.

Elaine Alvarez: $20,916
29 other former dancers: $5,916
Lawyers: $90,000

Promoted comment: Will the settlement be paid in $2 bills?

6 comments

• jackslash
    8 years ago
    The lawyers receive more than their clients. Is there a reason why people don't like lawyers?
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Ms. Alvarez needs a better lawyer. (John Smith?)

In the lawsuit against the Lansing, MI Deja Vu a few years ago, the originator received an extra $75,000, if i recall.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    I like the start of this discussion - with the statement - if anyone cares - lol.

I think this was probably a very poorly thought idea. Strippers making overtime? So they can show up 2 hours late - and work an extra hour to make double time to make up for their own lateness? I think the last thing strippers should push for is being on the clock - unless they work in LDK's club!
  • ellocohombre
    8 years ago
    Oh,so the 29 dancers each get $200. Then get fired. Could have made that in a half hour at the club.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    I know a woman who danced at P plus - and this smells like something she'd be involved in. Raging against management and the confines of "the system" (not juices system - as that system is undisputed).
  • FTS
    8 years ago
    I was actually at this same PP last weekend, and my CF was telling me about this lawsuit. I thought it was pretty dumb that they thought they could actually win.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion