tuscl

OT: Apple Pay ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:31 PM
How many of you use some form of a cell phone payment app on a regular basis - any drawbacks to it?

11 comments

• a21985
    8 years ago
    Samsung Pay. Pros - Extremely convenient, works everywhere, don't have to wait for those damn chip readers, wallet has become an afterthought when I don't need cash or my ID, I get notifications whenever I (or my wife) uses an attached card anywhere. Cons - I am becoming even more crushingly dependent on my phone (as if I need more reason to freak out if I lost/forgot it), dealing with cashiers who ask too many questions about it or freak out about how it won't work on their card machines (but it always does).
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    Nope, I am extremely paranoid and don't need to give anybody easier access to my account than already necessary
  • a21985
    8 years ago
    Tiburon, funny thing is, Apple/Samsung/Google pay is actually making it more difficult for someone to get your info. The combination of encryptiom/unique identifier of the card on your device, a pin with more digits (or better yet, your fingerprints) and not having swipe on a card reader that may potentially be compromised, all leads to what could arguably a more secure transaction. Certainly Apple/Samsung/Google pay is not infallible or without risks, but considering the alernative is a piece of plastic you can accidently leave somewhere and I can pick it up and use it no questions ask, you have to admit it has it's perks for the paranoid folks like yourself.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    When I want to buy something, I bring a chicken. [view link]
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Cash is king. Funny I either have $0 on me or $hundreds - there is no in between. I should probably use Apple Pay since I always have my phone and forget my cards all the time. Do strippers take apple pay yet? I never understood why more of them don't have a credit card slider on their smart phones.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Nope I use cash.
  • trpterp
    8 years ago
    I misread the topic. I wanted to learn more, like if this "Apple Play" was a new fetish in the VIP area...lol
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    I pay for everything in apples
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    LOL
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    My Apple Pay usage is limited, as few of the places at which I shop accept it. PayPal and Square Cash are my most used at the moment.
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    Nope. Only use cash almost exclusively. Learned the hard way with credit cards over the years. Once in a while will use PayPal for EBay, etc.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion