tuscl

Florida cop who beat up handcuffed strip club worker left unconscious woman unat

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
What kind of man beats a handcuffed woman?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national…

3 comments

• 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    A non-brilliant one!

Glad he lost his job.
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    The facts are, in my mind, even worse. The cop who beat her (two separate times - once in the parking lot of Scores and once in the booking area of the Sheriff's station) just walked away after the second beat down. Other Sheriff's deputies failed to stop the beating AND didn't bother to check on the downed stripper.

The Jacksonville, FL (Duval County) Sheriff's office did announce that the cop who did the beatings was fired, but have not announced any action against other officers who failed to take any action during or after the beating. The other cops may have assumed she was just drunk, but that cannot excuse them for not even checking on her!

I get the frustration of officers in trying to deal with a drunk, angry and violent stripper. Anyone who frequents strip clubs has seen evidence of how unstable some women can be, especially when drunk at the end of a bad shift. I even understand the urge to MAKE her stop. Witnesses report that the drunk stripper cursed and debased the officer almost non-stop from the Scores parking lot until the beatdown on video. That does not excuse the rookie cop, and it certainly does not excuse the other officers in the vicinity.

I anticipate additional news reports will include some reference to disciplinary action against other officers.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Dallas702, while I agree with you, don't hold your breath. Cops have notoriously done much worse and gotten away with barely a slap on the wrist.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion