tuscl

Ducking vs. Fucking / iPhones

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Sunday, May 8, 2016 10:55 AM
I just had a new stereo installed in one of my cars this weekend with Apple Car Play and it's quite amazing. I was a good hour away from home in a metro area. Open Maps (it won't let you open Google Maps) and gave me traffic updates, fasted route to my home, all that shit. Yes I know you can do this on an iPhone just as easy but on a big screen it was pretty damn cool. Anyway my point is how can an iPhone do all these complex tasks, but always corrects "fucking" to "ducking." I mean, how many people are really typing "ducking" more often than "fucking?" Somebody that works at an archery range? One of those guys that works in a fish market where they throw the fish at each other? Maybe a soldier in Afganistan? Actually I bet a soldier would say "fucking" as much as the rest of us.

12 comments

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    I caught a few minutes of "Family Feud" recently and the question was: "What would a stripper put a picture of on her business card?" One of the answers was "animal/duck" I didn't get it. Now I do.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    You got a ducking iphone. That's the problem
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    You need a dicking droid
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Apple has long been very suppressive when it comes to that kind of thing. The word "fuck" will never appear in their dictionary. Any misstroke at all on the keyboard will result in such a "correction." Only if you type it exactly right will it pass.
  • chukko
    8 years ago
    It's because Apple is full of a bunch of elitist, self-righteous, pricks.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Agreed but I like their phones. CrazyJoe I carry two phones with me. My work issued Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and an iPhone 6 Plus. On a daily basis I want to take my Galaxy Note and throw it out the window of a moving car. I only feel that way about my iPhone about once a week. I am about to upgrade the Note to a newer one, but I am assuming I will still hate it equally as much as my current model. I have my note Rooted, have run custom mods, and I still think it sucks. My main gripe is keyboard entering is simply better on any iPhone that and Amdroid device.
  • Sajrandom
    8 years ago
    I have always been on Android devices, and they do the same thing. (I guess now I am just realizing that I curse a lot in my text messages...) But people are always pieces of 'shot' or 'ducking ads holes' by default in my texts. (I wonder how much extra time I have spent manually correcting these words to their intended expletive form?) I have little experience with any Apple products, as I mentioned, but you should be able to add that to your dictionary manually, shouldn't you? I know that there are keyboards you can download for Android that will let you add your own words.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    I like how guys blame their spelling errors on their phone. Check your grammar
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    ^^^ You can spell it correctly. But the phone changes it to something else even when you spell it right. As in you spell "fucking" and the phone changes it to "ducking" sometimes or auto completes it. It's a very annoying feature on IPhones.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    The are supposedly making autocorrect MUCH better soon.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    if it ain't google maps or a paper map, it sucks.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Could be worse. You could live in Scotland [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion