tuscl

78 Sears and KMarts to Close

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/busi…

Looks like Juice is gonna have to start finding somewhere new to buy his clothes.

8 comments

• Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    Why? The WalMart is still open! Doesn't Juice get an employee discount there? I read a story about him getting the shits during his job interview...
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    I talked about this on Facebook in a group I'm in. Essentially, the guy who runs Sears/KMart wants the money from the real estate the stores sit on and he's willing to run Sears and KMart into the ground until he gets a good real estate deal. The trouble with that is eventually, the only ones which will still be open are in poor locations. I find it nuts the one KMart in Omaha stays open, considering I never see many cars there, but it's a poor location for anything else, except maybe some type of industrial park development.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I've got great news for Juice. Meet me at Goodwill, I can show you a great lineup of "slightly used" clothing for pennies on the dollar. :)
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Old timers are shaking their heads and wondering how a once mighty retail institution like Sears has failed. They really failed to create a brand identity in modern day retail. Who wants to buy a wrench at the same store as a woman's dress?

When I was a kid in the 60's and early 70's, we went to Sears a lot. Year after year, you would see the same sales people. They were career professionals who dressed in a coat and tie and worked on commission in many departments.

It's another case of you can't have it both ways. In places like Vermont, the libs picket against Wal-Mart for not paying a living wage or offering health insurance. But people don't wanna at Sears either. You can't have it both ways.
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    @motorhead- You can buy a wrench and a woman's dress at Walmart, and get your groceries while you're at it.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    But WalMart is the evil empire, a company that screws its' employees without lube. :)
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    There is only 1 Kmart left in my area. I have gone there a few times because it is closer than Walmart or Target but half of the time I cannot fine what I want. Empty shelves, etc.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    What? I was planning on going to Kmart today. There was a short sleeve suit I had my eye on with lapels shaped like a hang glider.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion