Detroit strip clubs

38 comments

• larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    WOW. I'm shaken up right now.
  • MrBater2010
    8 years ago
    Damn, That is sad.
    I felt something was up when they said he had the flu/pneumonia again. Something is wrong when you keep getting sick like that in a short time span.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    i saw him perform live last year in baltimore maryland
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    When Purple Rain came out in 1984 (?) he was on MTV and I remember thinking - this is the most talented musician of my generation
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    Damn man. That's sad. He was just in Atlanta last week performing at the Fox Theatre. It was a rescheduled concert because he fell ill with the flu/pneumonia. Definitely one of the greatest entertainers and musicians ever.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    RIP, Mr. Prince, you are missed.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    RIP, Mr. Prince, you are missed.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Wow. Shocking and sad.

Seems like complications from the flu... 57 isn't super old, maybe he had a compromised immune system. Hopefully not AIDS or something crazy for the press to jump all over.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    So I heard the rain was purple outside his house and there were doves crying.
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    We are all shocked over here. Prince was a unique talent. RIP
  • warhawks
    8 years ago

The musicians continue to die at an alarming rate this year! Just crazy.

Well, at least he can now go for a re-tap of Vanity who passed away earlier this year too...0
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    Great entertainer for sure, but the first thing that always comes to my mind when I hear anything about Prince, is Vanity. What a smoking hot woman she was.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    ^^^^Vanity was also 57 years old when she passed away. I wonder why so many prominent musicians are dying relatively young?
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I did some research on my speculation that it could have been from AIDS complications and found a piece of blind gossip released a few days ago, basically saying they have a trusted source that a black celebrity (who remained unnamed) who has been known to be very sexual contracted HIV in the 90s and is now dying. It said he met some religious people who urged him to stop taking his medication. So, a couple years ago he stopped taking the medications and consequently got sicker and sicker ever since and isn't expected to live much longer. They also gave a clue that the celeb they're talking about has been in the news recently (which Prince was). It could be totally bullshit, but it is coincidental that Prince died a few days later...

http://blindgossip.com/?p=77843
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Damn.
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    Whoa.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    Sad to hear of his passing. He was a supremely talented man - and his music will live on for a very long time. He created an amazing body of work!
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Confirmed - front page of USA today app.

I said back in January this is not gonna be a good year for musicians, but I didn't see this one coming.

• TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Like many of you I first became aware of prince right around his Purple Rain days and when I saw him perform I told some friends that he had star written all over him. It's a shame that he died and I'm shocked regarding Vanity, I didn't know that she had passed.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I am going with Ninas theory - remember how all of a sudden he became a jehovah witness and refused to dig many of his hit songs, usually something happens in ones life to change so quickly.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    Prince was a brilliant musician and I've enjoyed listening to all of his older music over the years. His untimely death is definitely sad.

When I heard he died at 57 from the flu, one of my initial thoughts was that it could have been AIDS, like Nina and Shailynn mention. I know it's speculation, but it wouldn't be shocking if he was bi-sexual. He seemed like a very private person, so I could see him not wanting anyone to know, if he did have AIDS.

Either way it's sad. He's an icon and hopefully he was as happy as he was successful in life.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Way before his time. An absolute genius.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    OMG...I'm a fan too. But I have to wonder about people who are shocked that musicians tend to die young. I can't speak for Prince but some musicians 'lead the life' as it were. Unlimited drugs, women and especially alcohol take its toll.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Bummer
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I was not a huge fan but def def respected his talent – as a child of the 80s I was thus very aware of his music and did see the movie Purple Rain.

And I too was not aware Vanity had passed.

Supposedly Prince was known for being very well endowed particularly for someone of his small stature – I never heard anything of him being bi but there were many rumors of the many women he bedded.

As I’m approaching 50 and hear all these people dying in their 50s; I get nervous.
  • clubdude
    8 years ago
    Just heard it on my way home from work. Felt like a sledgehammer hit me!
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    I've been a huge prince fan since I was about 10. One of the greatest musicians of all time. Hands down a legend!
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Purple rain, when doves cry and so on

He was my favorite singing homosexual
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Dear god, we will trade you Justin Bieber for Prince.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    It's really sad that he died man. Really upsetting. All the good die young I guess.

@shailynn nah, we good on that trade. Tell 'em Chappelle.
  • AnonymousJim
    8 years ago
    The thing about Prince's music is it transcended genre. Think about it: How would you classify his stuff? Electronic synth dance funk pop with elements of jazz, blues and even some Middle Eastern influence? There's originality, then there's Prince, who could seemingly play every instrument known to man and dance up a decent storm, too (and even play some mean basketball).

It was just the right time for someone that original, too. Originality in popular music began to die after record execs didn't know what to make of grunge and decided everything needed to sound like what the kids were buying in panic, lest they lose business to Napster. He needed to hit when he did, in the late 70's and early 80's, when a sound that unique and distinct could still be marketed.

Lost in everything, too, was how he fought the music industry. The whole symbol thing was, essentially, a protest against Warner Bros. Part of the reason you're probably going to see a lot of his videos posted on the Internet as of today is because he grew to hate the Internet over the last decade or so, after initially being one of the first to embrace it, keeping a lot of his stuff offline. Prince was pretty strict about keeping cameras and cell phones out of his shows. He wanted you to experience the music, in the moment, at the level of quality he wanted you to experience it at.

Anyhow, dude was different and a genius. We should consider ourselves lucky we had our time with him. I'd say RIP, but nah, I don't think peace is what he wants. May he keep being musically prolific, where ever's next for him. Rave Un2 Whatever's Next, Purple Man.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    "... Potential Prince beneficiaries are currently unknown. He has no living children. The singer was married twice, to Mayte Garcia from 1996 to 1999 and to Manuela Testolini from 2001 to 2006. Garcia and Prince did welcome a son, Boy Gregory, who died as the result of Pfeiffer syndrome a week after his birth ..."

http://www.thewrap.com/who-will-control-…
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Dave Chappelle Prince sketch- LOL:

http://www.thewrap.com/rip-prince-charli…
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    He was very talented. I liked his song 1999 or party like it's 1999 or similar. I wasn't a big fan but still liked a couple of his songs. RIP.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    An icon and true visionary in the music industry. I'll be playing all his songs I have in my iTunes all day tomorrow. RIP
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    Growing up in Minnesota in the 80's, he was everywhere. He was not only a musical icon, he was our musical icon. I used to roller skate and Prince always filled up the roller skating rink. It's sad he has passed away. Prince is a legend. RIP Prince.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    It's looking like this is going to be a weird drug overdose story like Michael Jackson
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion