tuscl

9 Myths About Strippers, Debunked By A Former Stripper

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Another bunch of crap from a former stripper.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/151418-9-…

15 comments

• rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Actually I accept that all are true except #8 and #9, and they're not completely false. You think this article is crap?
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Blah blah blah, "I'm getting my phd and I was a stripper as a social experiment." The author of the article didn't say that, but that's what I took away from it.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    That was great. Now I finally understand strippers.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I wonder how many Follies dancers are working on their PhD dissertation in Dance Studies?
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    More like PhD in dick sucking.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    I didn't hate it. She glossed over extras culture, but in many of the "bad" strip club cities she's not wrong.

She did drop the "it's just fantasy" line. That was probably her weakest point.

Like waitresses, most strippers will fuck a customer for free at some point, but most guys have zero shot.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    She was just trying to sell her book.
  • JohnBuford
    8 years ago
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Just a bunch of cliches that are just as tired as all the negative cliches.
  • Lone_Wolf
    8 years ago
    Man, that was a boring, waste of time, read. Interesting how many of the dancers really don't understand the bizarro world of a sc even though they lived it. Not sure if it is denial or ignorance
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Sorry folks, but I found what she had to say was 100% spot on.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Makes total sense to me. But I do think she is talking about show clubs, not the dives and shit holes that many of our regulars prefer. A girl with the looks can make good money without doing much.

I have seen first hand how many of the San Francisco girls are labor activists, and I used to read about this all the time in Spectator Magazine. Some of them are really interesting girls.

But then also, one of our dancer members, from Portland, explained in an Article lots of reasons why girls who could work in upscale clubs prefer the greater freedom found in dives. In in her place the basic extended time VIP dance fee does often include anything one might want. It sounded like there was actually a surplus of girls very happy to give economical FS, relative to the club patronage.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/151418-9-…

SJG
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Skibum and SJG agree what in the hell is going on ?
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I never knew you could get a PhD in Dance Studies.

But I found several schools, including Ohio State, NYU, and UCLA
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    MOTO. The only one I slightly disagree with is #8. The big show club chains are generally well managed atthe the corporate level exceptfor for their hiring of middle management. They employ a lot of idiots. The one off show clubs are usually not well managed at all.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion