tuscl

A dozen clubs outside DC ordered to close (basically immediately)

Big_sarge
Virginia
Wednesday, April 6, 2016 1:46 PM
I guess the neighbors have grown tired of the clubs...there are a couple big name clubs that this will affect including Fuego: [view link]

20 comments

• chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Damn. Selfish entitled assholes think the world revolves around them.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    That just totally sucks!
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    That really stinks. I know lots of people really love those clubs, and for good reason. SJG
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    I do wonder how they managed to get a dozen strip clubs shut down at once. Seems kinda a bit overkill.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    It looks like they want them out of residential areas which is understandable – but in a previous report they were using the ole “human trafficking” bullshit making it look as if SCs only have minors and that minors stripping are the norm in strip-clubs (as if all/most the dancers in these strip-clubs are there against their will) - below is the previous report (just watch the vid instead of reading the long text): [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Remember, Mr. IME keeps telling us that my AMP girls are trafficked. And DoctorPhil keeps telling us that my AMP girls are my sex slaves. Yes, the trafficking argument is total bullshit. I hope this gets worked out because I know that lots of people really love those clubs, and I hope to be able to be there myself. SJG
  • Big_sarge
    8 years ago
    I also wonder if some of the girls will migrate north into the Baltimore area and we will see some new faces...? But I also worry about an influx of customers making it more crowded than I like...but I guess I have to deal with that since more customers equals more money...more money equals better quality dancers.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    some of those PGC clubs I know were "members only" and BYOB. We've had lots of non-productive discussions about this matter. But I still say that that probably means that those clubs are the highest possible mileage. Don't want to see them go. SJG
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    damn, when it rains it pours its bad enough i live in virginia, the wasteland of strip clubs, but now the few good clubs that are only a couple hours away are closing down awful
  • s88
    8 years ago
    Thank god Showcase isn't on the list.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Repression. It's time for a revolution !!
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    If I remember other news reports correctly, these clubs are all "after hours" clubs located in buildings not licensed for bar/nightclub uses and the county has been trying to shut them down for a long time. My weak memory is trying to push the thought the these were "underground" Black strip clubs, that just attracted too much attention, while the owner(s) simply refused to even attempt to meet code requirements or obtain licenses appropriate to the activity. Perhaps - this time - some blame for the closings may actually belong to the club operators.
  • Big_sarge
    8 years ago
    I think you may by on to something Dallas702, but I know at least one of the clubs (Fuego) is not an "after hours" club....That being said, none of these clubs are on my go-to list...and I am super glad also that Showcase wasn't on the list.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    I'm really gonna miss Fuego :-(
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Have they *always* been in violation of the zoning laws, or were the zoning laws changed after they were up and running? If the former, how the fuck did they get the permits to run anyway?
  • Ray1989
    8 years ago
    The article I read stated the laws were put into place in 2012. All of the clubs mentioned have been up and running for years...
  • Oliver_Clothesoff_66
    8 years ago
    The unemployment rate in PG County just skyrocketed :-) But on a serious note I'm glad (and a bit surprised given that it is basically across the street from a residential area) that Sinsaysionals survived the cut. Peace, Ollie
  • Propsi
    8 years ago
    Well, some of the talent will be scattered throughout the area and Baltimore could pick up some of the willing talent. It's sad since those clubs served a purpose, but the county wants things its way. Well, more money for every other county and city then.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    MAYBE people shouldn't move into big cities where they know potential tomfoolery could take place. I blame these homeowners who want to live luxuriously but bitch and moan about the party next door. Next time check the neighborhood before you move in.
  • alcrutch
    8 years ago
    sinsasysionals is on the list of clubs to be shut down
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion