tuscl

Couple accused of targeting exotic dancers

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Stripper on stripper crime is getting out of control.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/11255564…

13 comments

• londonguy
    9 years ago
    How do the police know the victim was raped. Don't they mean allegedly raped?
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @londonguy. It's a Fox affiliate. The perpetrators are black. Need I say more?
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    Oh....so as they are black they are guilty. Guess that saves time taking it to trial?
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    You're both idiots George and Londonguy.. Progressives are swine. I guess Black Lies Matter.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ lol! Black lies matter...
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    The article doesn't say she was raped. It says "Police said she was also kidnapped and raped." Every statement about illegal conduct was prefaced to make clear that this was the allegation made by police, and the evil Fox affiliate was merely reporting the claims made by police.

In other words, in substance the article makes clear that these are allegations made by the police. You don't always have to use the word "alleged" to convey the idea that what is being reported is what's being alleged.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @skibum: My comments are based on my own experience with the local Fox affiliate. I can't even count how many times events have been reported by them differently based on the ethnicity of the perpetrators versus that of the victims.

Based on numerous examples available on their website, our local Fox station would have reported the story in the same way. Based on those same examples, had the perpetrators been white, the reporting would be been "police *aledge*..."

It might be unfair to compare our local affiliate with that one, but given what I've seen out of Fox, I'll stick with my supposition.

Mind you, the *other* network affiliates in town would likely have been biased in exactly the opposite way for both scenarios, so don't think I'm bashing Fox in favor of NBC, etc. They're *all* biased in one way or another and slanting things to gore their own particular oxen. None of them are as objective as they should be.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Strippers can be considered walking ATMs when they leave a club w/ all that cash from their shift.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    Sounds like a dancer and her boyfriend were the alleged perps and the victims were also dancer at Follies. I have to wonder how intoxicated the victims were (as in did they 'select' soft targets before they left the club) and what dressing room drama was involved. I'm guessing that the TV story only scratches the surface and more will be revealed here via the rumor mill,

As for the how the story was reported, the slant can be different between networks but basically anytime you throw 'strippers' on the 11 pm news the station wants to quickly titillate the audience. They could care less about substance, they ran this for the quick 'lets suck in the marks and keep them from changing the channel' factor. I'm showing my bias here- Jaded and believing that news reporting in the US is pretty much sensationalized to keep viewers watching through the next set of commercials.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I showed the article to my favorite black dancer at Follies yesterday. She showed it to the house mom. They both agreed that the perp and the victim were both night shifters.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Sounds like she was robbed and the perpetrators likely knew the victim. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, honestly. There are a lot of desperate people out there struggling and willing to do desperate things.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    "Emissions"

Is that a strip club. Lol
  • MrBater2010
    9 years ago
    LOL Motorhead.. I don't think so.. But there are some Emissions..

and I agree with the above comment.. Fox is good with the Omissions at times. Tell you just enough to lean you to the right.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion