tuscl

Erin Andrews - $155 Million More Wealthy?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/ncaaf…

There are some things that are just fucking absurd. Some of them are Juice's spelling quality, the length of SJG's posts, that Bavarian can't get laid even with our help, and the amount a jury just awarded Erin Andrews. I'm guessing this will go on appeal for awhile?

That one thing I just laugh about is, had this guy NOT made the video, do you think Erin Andrews would be nearly as popular as she is today?

I have a good friend that was in the same profession as her, and met her before she became popular. He said she was the biggest cunt he had ever met in his life. He also said she was hot, amazing how those always coincide.

19 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Yeah; I was thinking of making a thread about this while the trial was going-on when she was suing for $75 million – to me it came across as a plain ole money grab – no doubt what that dude did was wrong and I think he did like 2.5 years in jail for it; but $75 million for damages b/c someone filmed you naked; and that it’s somehow the hotel’s responsibility for the actions of the guy – it’s her taking advantage of the opportunity IMO.

And the way she made herself come across on the jury shedding what seemed to me were fake-ass crocodile tears – she sure comes off super-confident on-air, even cocky, and now she is portraying herself as a lowly wallflower.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I'm pretty much in love with her. I can forgive her money grab.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

We should all feel better about ourselves.

I can almost guarantee not one of us pathetic losers has ever had to pay that much to a girl to see her naked.

(Well... Maybe John Smith has. But he can afford it).
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Insane, considering it helped her career. Not sure how she proved damages.
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    It was $55 mil not $155. still an insane amount!
  • larryfisherman
    9 years ago
    Sounds like a money hungry bitch to me
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    This is the exact reason I always walk around naked in my hotel rooms. As soon as I catch some PL filming me -- cha-ching! Easy Street.

In all seriousness, the only thing about this story that upsets me is that I haven't seen her naked pictures yet.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Meanwhile, the teacher who just virtually had the same thing happen has to resign, and the person who leaked her pictures doesn't even get a slap on the wrist.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “… The jury put 51% of the fault on Barrett (the peeping-tom), while the hotel's management company, Windsor Capital Group, and its owner, West End Hotel Partners, were 49% responsible …”

“… During her testimony, Andrews said she has suffered because of the video for the last seven years. She was forced to seek help in dealing with the trauma and now has an elaborate strategy for checking out hotels she stays in. Her parents told the court that she was a "shell" of her former self …”

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/07/media/er…

On the outside she seems to be doing quite well – post the “filming incident”; she left ESPN for Fox Sports and a hefty raise; went on the show “Dancing with the Stars” and then became a co-host of the show – doesn’t quite seem like a shell of her former self.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Fuck those #1s - meant to put 55. That's it - I'm suing my logitech, which is my keyboard company - I'm a shell of my former self.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Hell, if anyone wants to see me naked, 5 mil is plenty.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    The only way she got paid is because so scheming lawyer figured out a way to tie the hotel in with the crime that was commited by the creeper,that's blatantly unamerican. Just shows the corruption built into the legal profession sorry JS69 but the only way she got anything was by finding a deep pocket to pick.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “… According to an ABC News reporter, jurors (7-women; 5-men), which deliberated for approximately seven hours Monday, gave Andrews hugs and asked for autographs after the verdict …”
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    I'll let anyone here film me through my peephole for only 55 cents.
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    I thought the $75mil requested damages were insanely high - but $55mil for the actual reward is still too fucking high! She definitely benefitted in her career due to that video. She seems to be very full of herself - and far from shy -
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    The hotel dropped the ball but this is about 10x foo high. Hopefully knocked down on appeal.
  • dallas702
    9 years ago
    While the verdict was $55 million, poor Miss Andrews will see little of that. The jury said (as referenced above) that the stalker was 51% responsible and the only defendant with money was 49% responsible, that means a pay out of less than $27 million. Andrews legal team is going to get half of that and they likely made a deal with her that all expenses (probably about $1.5 million) come out of her half. Further the (money) defendant will stall for another year before offering a settlement. The pay out will probably be no more than $10 million and Andrews share will come in around $3.5 million.

Who could live on a measly $3.5 million? Jees, this is shameful. The woman only makes half a million a year, and now they jury in Nashville insults her with this penurious judgment. If I were her I would sue the jury!!! ;)
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I blame the lawyers for everything.
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    I'm sure it will get appealed and the peeping tom probably doesn't have much to collect from anyway. I wonder how much they will ultimately settle at and how much she will actually collect. I'm sure we will never know.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion