tuscl

Housing Whores

Longneck
Georgia
Friday, March 4, 2016 12:12 PM
I own a few apartment buildings in tge city and one of my ATFs (without drug issues) was having housing issues and ask if I knew of anyone renting apartments. Now at this point she had no idea of what I do for a living. But I said I know a guy who may be interested in leasing her a place. Now a have a tenant moving out but I can't see me renting to a girl who I'm fairly certain is going to expect to be able to pay rent via sex. Which is not going to work. A few days later I was talking to a manager at a club who said he's got some gurls that have money but not enough to pay a steady rent. He said he needs someone that has multiple apartments for rent and will let 2 or 3 stay there for $300 or $400 per person. That math works because I change $550 monthly so if I can get $1200 from each apartment it could work out. But there risk when dealing with this groups friends (druggies, kids, pimps, whanna be pimps, asshole boyfriends ect.) So should I try renting out to strippers? Since it's not like I know how anyone really makes the money to pay.

33 comments

• twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I wouldn't.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    My first questions would be: 1. Do you have a wife or someone else you have to answer to in this business (partner, relative, etc.)? 2. Could you easily rent this apartment to a normal paying customer? 3. If you lose out on some rent money will it put a great financial strain on you? If you answered "yes" to any question above, then I would say "no." You're not johnsmith69, and besides him I can't see many people spending $1,200 a month (what your rent costs) on 1 or 2 pieces of pussy. Yeah, I've spent $1,200 in one month on clubbing and OTC, but I haven't done nearly that amount for 12 consecutive months.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Not no, but *fuck* no.
  • Longneck
    8 years ago
    Perhaps it was misunderstood then they would be paying me a total of $1,200 per month / 3 girls at $400 per month
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I think it would lead to trouble! Soon they would be trying to fuck you instead of paying you. If what you want is to fuck them, I would do it some other way. No on the otherhand, I am building an organziation where many of our women will be present or past strippers. But this is a much more complex affair where we know the women very well and they would not be living on our properties until they have been with us for many years. So I'm not saying such things are impossible. But just to rent out your units, I would not do it! SJG Is Donald Trump the Charismatic Leader the KKK & Neo-Nazis Have Been Waiting For? [view link]
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    No way. Just by asking the question you know the answer.
  • clubdude
    8 years ago
    They would be gone in a few months. Better to rent to someone with a steady job (that they can prove it), who'll be there for at least a year.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    LongNeck, maybe you haven't dealt with hard living tenants before? They will start fucking you instead of paying, and then doing guys p4p in the unit, and then letting other women use it the same way. You rented it to them as a home, but they will use it for turning tricks. Then eventually Vice will break the door down. I would not do it. SJG
  • Ch3ll
    8 years ago
    I'd go with no. Too much risk and you know their tendencies.
  • Ch3ll
    8 years ago
    Read the last sentence of Call Me Ishamael's article the "10 rules for the strip club customer."
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    To Longneck, I have experience dealing with what you are talking about and even if its a direct relative or a 25 year long friendship, I would never bypass my rental system for anyone ever. One late payment soon becomes a missed payment, before long your cash flow is hostage to your tenants . Once your cash flow is screwed, you start missing payments yourself, and ending up with late charges then there go all of your profits. The only way is to let the manager guarantee payment, and be sure that you have a large enough deposit to cover eviction plus damages. Back to my original answer "I wouldn't"
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    Well, they have to live somewhere. If you can keep it all business and not interact with them daily in an atmosphere filled with innuendo, why not. And keep shailynn's questions in mind too.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    OMG You'll get the first 1-2 months rent on time, and after that they will start paying later and later. If at all. The place WILL be totally trashed when they move out; haven't you ever been to a dancer's home??? There will be complaints from the building about loud parties at 3 AM, and seedy people hanging out in the hallways. And there's a 10% chance they will burn the building down. Need I say More?
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Rockstar makes a good point..
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    "Perhaps it was misunderstood then they would be paying me a total of $1,200 per month / 3 girls at $400 per month" Oh I screwed up - so you're going to lose $1,200 a month but get to fuck 3 girls instead of 2. Well in that case go for it buddy. If I were you I'd help them move their furniture too!!!
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I've been to some dancers homes and they were immaculate. Doesn't mean that others aren't slobs. However I believe that it is not good to mix business with friends of any type. Same thing with loaning money.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I was kinda thinking along the lines of Corvus in that they gotta live somewhere. I’d venture to say not all strippers are druggie party girls; but I’d guesstimate the chances of you having issues w/ payment or unruly tenants are probably higher within the stripper population – and if they currently have issues w/ housing beyond a reasonable situation; then that’s a red-flag. You could do a month-by-month thing and try it out and charge a bit over what you’d usually charge; but also charging $1200 when you normally charge $550 is kinda gouging; IMO.
  • crsm27
    8 years ago
    Ok... I am a little confused. So you are asking $550 for an apartment or $550 per tenant? Are these two tenant apartments or larger? Because if you are making $1200 off of a $550 apartment.... then go for it. You make up one month just on the first payment. Now lets dive into it if it is the $550 per tenant and you are only getting $1200.... You are losing about $500... then no way in hell. Now lets say if you know they are "tricking" out in the apartment.... THEN NO WAY IN HELL. If you have knowledge of the doing and don't call in the cops. You will go down with them. So only one situation I would go for it.... otherwise... NO. Like others have stated.... it is your pocket book and don't let it get into the red.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    My initial reaction was no way in hell for all of the reasons cited... But it all depends on your risk tolerance, desperation, and alternatives. You probably have enough input/advice to make your decision.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I wouldn't even rent a place to the DS. At least not if I expected to get paid. And I'll do almost anything for her.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Strippers are dumb but not stupid. They won't be paying $1200 a month for a place that's worth a fraction of that. More red flags.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    With real property, the entire transaction needs to be handled properly from start to finish otherwise you leave yourself open to lawsuits and lose your legal protections when things don't go as planned I wouldn't fool around with stuff like this it's too easy to see how quickly it can go bad. Use a real estate brokers property management division, or run stupid risks that's my advice.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    I'd say no - no way - hell no! I don't know much about landlord/tenant matters - but my concern would be after she stops paying. It's not a question of "if" - it's a question of "when". I don't know how difficult it would be to evict her. Some areas make it very difficult to evict a tenant. If you start fucking her and her roommate - that could also make it a bigger mess.
  • Eagle1191
    8 years ago
    A hell fucking no.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    I'd say no. My fave that I do otc with seems to have issues with paying rent every other month. Not worth it.
  • maiwiew
    8 years ago
    I would think conservatively. Based on the information provided, 2-3 girls at $300-400 each. I would treat it as two girls at $300 each. If you pay utilities your barely breaking even compared to "normal" renters. I understand added risk means higher rent. However $1200 a month is dreaming.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Looks like you're in Kentucky, which probably have laws that are favorable to landlords. Here in California it is very hard to evict tenants. But for you it might be okay. You're not dumb. Get a decent deposit. Try to have a main leaseholder for each apartment and write the lease so you can kick out serious drug users.
  • ilbbaicnl
    8 years ago
    Something's very wrong if a dancer can only afford 400 a month for rent. That would mean she's not even making $15K a year.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Or it means she has other higher priority expenses.
  • Tiburon
    8 years ago
    when you say kids...what age are you referring to?
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    It would just depend on the situation for me, if I thought the strippers would be reliable.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    If they get caught turning a trick there you will be charged with deriving earnings from a sex worker; providing a place of prostitution and run the risk of forfeiture of the property, at least here. I find it hard to believe that anyone with rental property seriously considers renting to people they know are unreliable.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Landlording and dealing with P4P women don't mix. One building I lived in ended up being managed by T. I thought he was a nice guy. But it turned out that he was renting to women he thought would put out for the rent. Didn't always work like that though. So after about 6 months T. vanished, with the law after him because the owner was saying that he embezzled about $13k. Some of the most problematic tenants were ones he rented to whom no other sane person would have, but he did it believing that they would put out. A girl told me, "Oh, he rented to J. because he thought she would put out. But he didn't know about her boyfriend Michael." I did not believe this. But then it surfaced that T. was asking people to pay in cash and then often miscrediting the payments to another tenant. So the books and records were a total mess, and the owner was not well fixed to absorb that loss. So one of T's friends said that he was "Trying to help the *Ladies*, single mothers." So, yes, this did sound to me like what the original girl was saying. It gets nasty here! Given the chance, and with the women who encourage it, and with a manager or owner who are susceptible to it, it is a downward spiral. SJG Bernstein on Schoenberg [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion