tuscl

Removing negative reviews

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
I was discussing tuscl with an experienced club manager recently. He said that if a club pays extra to be a sponsored club (going to the top of the list of clubs in any city) then the club can complain and have any negative review that it disagrees with removed.

The guy seemed very experienced and credible. Does anybody know if this is true that some clubs can get negative reviews removed?

34 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I suppose that paid advertisers carry more weight around here than the guys that write reviews just to get free VIP status.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    The system is fucked!!!
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Emily needs to pay for that Porsche
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    Can you name a specific club where this is the case ? If someone gets negative review yanked, there remains the article,and/or DB venue.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    He mentiined doing this a while back for a club in Asheville NC, I think it was Treasure. I don't remember the other clubs he mentioned. I was not talking to Juice by the way.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    It wouldn't shock me. Yelp has had similar issues, where businesses willing to pay Yelp for services can bury bad reviews.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Say it ain't so, Joe.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I don't think I believe your guy John.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Really??!? You're shocked? Here's the way the world really works. Democrat? Republican? That's all a distraction. Really it's just the rich (everyone worth $1MM+) and everyone else. In the case the rich get to change he rules to suit them and the rest of us can pound sand up our asses.

I am not shocked to see companies with $$ be able to bury bad reviews, especially not surprised to see it in America.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    The reason I don't believe your guy John, is if he knows you are regular poster he reads the boards and if he was able to get an negative review removed for real, he would best keep that to himself.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    25, he said he did this at past clubs. His current club doesn't pay tuscl so he can't do it now. All I know is he sounded very credible.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^ yeah but you were in a club which means you were high as fuck.

I do believe you though.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    I can believe this. Founder has to make money somehow and I don't know if he makes enough off members and ads.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Sure. Then what's next, a club owner/manager login page? ;)

Seriously, if that practice becomes widespread, then you might as well take "The Ultimate" off of the first part of the name of this site because, sooner or later, this site will become little better. Big city tourist traps and corporate clip joints will be able to skew the reviews therir way vs. smaller clubs, first by getting rid of their own negative reviews and then trashing the smaller clubs that aren't paying to have bad reviews removed.

Now maybe I am uber naive and this has already been happening for some time. I don't know, but if it has and/or if it will be in the future then it is a shame. This is one of only a few consolidated nationwide sources of SC intel and it is what I rely upon when I travel because the other sources are pure junk by comparison. I sincerely hope that this place doesn't turn into little better than junk as well.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I doubt that clubs advertising on here is very widespread. I can only remember seeing one banner ad for an Atlanta area club and it is gone now.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    ^^^I may be naïve also, but it would cause a loss of revenue if that were true and become common knowledge. As a business decision it would be only a short term gain, and could turn into a long term loss and possibly could cause a lawsuit or worse.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Does this really happen Emily?
  • founder
    9 years ago
    We RARELY remove reviews, and we NEVER remove bad reviews just because a sponsor club pays.

What probably happened in this case was a club was "sold and remodeled" so we created a new listing for the club. Keep in mind we will do this regardless of whether a club is a paying sponsor or not.

There is NO WAY a club can pick and choose reviews to remove. It just doesn't happen. It's all or nothing.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    To founder-Thank you for that it just didn't make any sense.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    To JS69 RONG again as heck would say.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Thanks for the clarification founder.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    JS69,

Millions thought obama credible!
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I didn't say it was true, only that it's what I was told from a seemingly credible source. Can Emily confirm?
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    I think John just wants to talk to Emily.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    My ultimate dream is for Emily to prop me.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ she propped me - and for free

:)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ well kinda - since I do have a lifetime paid VIP
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I can sorta of see that happening if it was a fairly obvious shill review and fairly obvious it was a reviewer w/ an ax to grind.

But o/w Founder seems to have a history of running TUSCL on the up and up.
  • Timex345
    9 years ago
    Posting a bad experience of a club is my only defense against
    poor service at a club. I have had an ax to grind against
    a local club because of a poor experience there. I know it is petty,
    immature and passive aggressive. But, I truly enjoy posting negative reviews, comments about the club whenever possible.
    I feel like the SCs in the US rip us all off and there really is nothing
    you can do other than stay home or accept there outrageous prices
    for dances, drinks, etc.
  • emily
    9 years ago
    Not True. I was chatting with an advertiser yesterday. I told him to "prop"his bad review and then I gave him suggestions to write a public response so everyone can see the response is from the management of the club. I get this question from club owners on a daily basis. WE don't remove bad reviews if its a legit review. Period.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Prop your lawyer for what exactly ? Being an idiot or worse an instigator ?
  • s88
    9 years ago
    I flagged a review by a brand new member, with 1 review, and that 1 review was 1 sentence, "Club is ghetto, don't come here". It was deleted. To give VIP for a review that doesn't even say if the reviewer visited the club, makes writing real reviews and the paid VIP worthless.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    I'd like to send several lawyers to join their buddies in the deep, blue sea. Reviews should stand unless there is overwhelming evidence against it. Free speech is one of our Constitutional rights.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Emily, I believe you. I hope this doesn't mean that you won't prop me. I'm sorry. I should have known you would never do such a thing. I blame the weed.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion