tuscl

Mistake #1. Seeking tax advice on tuscl

No you can not write off makeup and shit legally. Yes you can find some dumbass cpa to do it for you, but you can't write off personal use items for example anything that can be used outside the club like clothing, shoes, makeup etc. If your clothing had the logo of the club you work at and it were a "company uniform" that would be different. For my silk suits I have my company name inscribed in them, but it's still probably illegal that I write them off. They run me $5000 so I don't give a fuck. If you don't give a fuck like me tell your accountant its part of the "company uniform" and he will write it off.

10 comments

• 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "You can write off SC tips as gambling losses."

Brilliant!

I also head that just_the_nuts sends the IRS a 6-piece chicken fangers and some BBQ source!

(Did I spell that correctly?)
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Are condoms a business expense ?
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Dancers can write off makeup and costumes but not at 100% value. Plus they have to declare that dancing is their business, which means reporting a realistic income. I would think most dancers figure what they lose in deductions by not mentioning it is more than offset by undeclared income.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    Seems like a major mistake - taking tax advice from this site - unless you like being audited.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I think if you set up your own corporation, and the corporation buys all this stuff, that you will be able to get away with it.

But it is going to be complicated, beyond the abilities of amateurs.

SJG
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    You do not need to set up a corporation. Simply fill out Schedule C for business income and expenses. I have done it many times (not because I'm a stripper).
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Some people have suggested that this would not work for things like makeup and shoes. That is why I have suggested going further than just proprietor ship or contractor status and schedule C.

But again this will always get very complicated and it is beyond the tax and accountancy knowledge of most people.

SJG
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    As I said, ordinary items like makeup and tanning (etc) are not usually counted as a business expense because they are not exclusive to stripping; plenty of non-strippers also wear makeup and go tanning. But things like stripper "costumes" and stripper shoes can. So can travel expenses for girls who do a lot of travel dancing.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Yes, a lot of it is just what can you get away with, or better put, to what lengths do you have to go, to be able to get away with it.

It is beyond the capabilities of most people. But in the organization I am building, experts will be handling these sorts of affairs for all of our people. No one should have to deal with such a complex system alone.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion