tuscl

Manning and Brady have nothing on this guy....

10 comments

• motorhead
    9 years ago
    Lol. I think their defense had something to do with 4 Super Bowls in 6 years.

4 Hall of Famers on defense
    Mel Blount, Joe Greene, Jack Lambert and Jack Ham

Some of those years, like 8 defensive guys made the Pro Bowl
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Yes, but he threw over 300 yds in 2 of those games. Threw 4 tds in one. And the Steelers played against monster defenses like the Vikings and the Cowboys
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Nice!
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    He called his own plays and was accused of not being able to spell cat if you spotted him the the c and the a by Hollywood Henderson of the Cowboys.
    You can't call your own plays and be dumb.

While the Steelers defense was legendary, remember in the last two SB wins, the Steelers scored 35 and 31 points.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    It was a different era, but that doesn't mean Bradshaw wouldn't have been a HOF QB today too. Imagine Brady or Rogers with those Steeler teams though....!
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Bradshaw had the defense, Franco and Rocky. All part of a team. Takes all parts functioning at a high level to win it all, ergo Griese, Csonka, the 53, other great teams.

One of the great QB's with no SB trophy, Marino. No defense and no running game, yet a record setting passing game.

Teams with average QB's, great running game, defense, SB trophy.
    All parts have to work together. Difficult to find a super bowl winning team with a really weak individual unit.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I loved the Steelers in the 1970's.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    I became a Steeler fan b/c I got into football during the middle to later part of the 70s and they were the best team.

To go with the 4 HOFers on defense are 5 on offense: Bradshaw, Swann, Stallworth, Franco Harris, Mike Webster.

Greatest collection of talent of all time. Would be hard to duplicate over any period of time with the current free agency rules.
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    That Steelers defense was awesome. Add Mel Blount, LC Greenwood, Donnie Shell, and Dwight White to those listed earlier. I think Blount and Greenwood are also HOFers.
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    My bad. Blount was mentioned earlier. And Greenwood was not HOF. He was still a bad ass though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion