tuscl

WHy is every stripper an English Major (or how to be a registered Nurse)

Estafador
BIG APPLE
Friday, January 29, 2016 10:39 AM
You read it in almost every "inspiring" stripper story. They did it for money for college. Ok, great. I am inclined to believe you...possibly. What field? English Major. That or a registered nurse/ Why aren't some of these women more creative. Be a pilot, an actual doctor (surgeon, radiologist, etc) an engineer or whatever else. What is it about English majoring and RNs that are so attractive that doctors and lawyers are thrown to the wayside. Sure you get a slither or accountants and the rare business major or business minor but most of their time is in the strip club. I'd be more inclined to believe you were going for business if I saw you actively pursing to be a manager of a strip club you worked for instead of busting your ass from dusk till dawn but you know whatever. It's like whenever I'm in the hood and every female I talk to from the hood ALWAYS wants to become an RNA. Like, WHY? And has been especially tantamount with the young people. Which is weird because they have perfect opportunity to go to school and become something beyond an RNA. Currently it's pretty lucrative being a plastic surgeon if all the fake boobs and booty aren't an indication. Or is this just me and I'm imagining things.

41 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    It might be you. The most popular "majors" I hear (in no particular order): Nurse Criminal Justice Psychology
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    A registered Nurse is a nurse. You know what don't you?
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    know that* damn fingers
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Odd. Most of the ones I've talked to are/where Physics or Math majors.
  • Niked9
    8 years ago
    A few younger ones say they're students and Psychology is the most common major; have also heard social services, biology, accounting
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I had a cousin once a real trust fund baby she was a professional student went to college till she was 33
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Jesus I'm not retarded - yes I know an RN is a nurse. I just put "nurse" as a generic term. I always get told all these things by strippers, CNA, RN, NA etc etc I loose track of what most of them even mean but I know in the medical field they can make a big big difference.
  • Wipemydirtydugan
    8 years ago
    Well just so you all know, an RN will make more short term income hands down than a business major. Most business majors (Finance) think they will be the next Wolf of Wallstreet. Due to supply and demand the average starting income for a business Finance major is around $48,000 per year depending on geographic location, whereas an RN will make $60,000 average. Head nurse of a floor will make upwards towards $100k a year. Not to mention my best friend has been working in hedge funds for 6 years now and barely makes $55,000 in Seattle.
  • Wipemydirtydugan
    8 years ago
    Ultimately, both occupations are not paid shit in my opinion for what they do, especially nurses. It is a phenomena called "Crowding" that causes people (females) to join nature/nurture based occupations such as Nursing and Kindergarten teaching. Thus, the suppression of female wages.
  • Wipemydirtydugan
    8 years ago
    Just researched the stats and average business is 50k starting whereas average nursing is 69k
  • Wipemydirtydugan
    8 years ago
    So as always strippers are chasing that paper paper
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I've heard lots of other majors -- engineering, law, bar tending.
  • Wipemydirtydugan
    8 years ago
    ya but due to suppressions look at the statistics of women in law and engineering.
  • Wipemydirtydugan
    8 years ago
    They are filled with sexist assholes so typically women avoid those occupations
  • Wipemydirtydugan
    8 years ago
    ” the NAWL report says. At the equity partnership level, only 15 percent of the lawyers are women."
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    I know one who at least aspires to go to med school. Nursing is a great field. It's also achievable in night school. Doctor and lawyer areally tougher. And many strippers may not exactly be A students.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    How do you know which nurse is the head nurse? It's the one with the dirty knees
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    @JamesSD thus its so easy to call bullshit on a lot of what some of these women say. SOme of their sought after career fields requires them to have more time on their hands for study and some practical work and they can't possibly have that stripping. Business, MAYBE but I doubt many business majors are wasting their young times playing in strip clubs every night unless they got a big break in their career early on.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Haha bartending is a major! They do have bartending school but I have no idea who would waste their money on that. A week behind a bar mentored by a seasoned vet would be all you need for that.
  • Wipemydirtydugan
    8 years ago
    True, I know bartenders who average $400 in tips per night. They also make more than both the specified "majors above"
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    Actually, I've yet to meet an English major. Examples from just this week: --Dancer who told me she was studying to be a radiologist (what she meant was radiology tech, and she didn't know the difference). --Dancer completing law school and ready to take the bar. She wants to be a public defender. You run into dancers from utterly all walks of life.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    I enjoy when they spout obvious BS. Adds to the fantasy. Would you rather get a dance from a girl that is just supporting her H habit or one that is putting herself through school? It's hard to fantasize about the latter if she admits the former.
  • rl27
    8 years ago
    It's likely the club and city. The three most common I hear are. Social Worker, Psychologist, and Paralegal.
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    I hear cosmetology alot as a career choice. I had no idea what it was until a dancer told me that it doing hair & makeup professionally. Seems like a perfect choice for many of them considering how much time they spend looking in the mirror.
  • Daybreaker
    8 years ago
    Cosmetology is a big one here where I live. It's the land of stay at home moms with salons in their basements, the occupation of choice to avoid domestic life boredom.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    i've met many who are working on their GED
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    I've met plenty of wanna-be cosmetologists, real estate agents, and nurses. To date I have only met one dancer who aspired to go into engineering, and I encouraged her as much as I could. I even offered to tutor her (I'm just a giver, you know) and help her get it done right. I saw her right before the holidays and she told me that she had taken a break from school because it was too hard and all the studying interfered with her dancing. I just hung my head and quietly sobbed.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    I don't know, lopaw. She sounds like a late high school, "I kind of like math and being an engineer sounds kind of cool" kind of kid. I think that we are born, not made and if we don't know it before we are 10, we aren't. (Do you remember the "The Knack" episode from the short-lived Dilbert TV series?) Remember, today's failed engineering student is tomorrow's successful business major! ;-)
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    @lopaw you tried your best. But some women are just too damn lazy and are waiting for the right old rich white man to sweep her off her feet like Cinderella. Sometimes there's just no hope for some of these women.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    @flagoor I understand what your saying but the BS of what they are "studying" kind of turns me off entirely from the conversation and probably her. Its like when you were in college and you hear someone talk about something they CLEARLY don't understand. Just makes you want to shake your head and walk away. Don't even bother to help them.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    My undergrad major is Political Science and my minor is history.
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    @ ATACdawg & Estafador - yeah I know....I get my hopes all up and these girls let me down every time. I am always on the look out for my next protégé. I am determined to prevail!!!
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    It's always funny to me when girls say they're in "medical school" then when asked where at, they name a local community college! Lol they don't understand the gravity of the term "medical school." IMO
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I sometimes wish I had majored in History, it would have been so much easier and I love history, whereas I don't care for modern day politics especially in America. But it's a good degree to have for my grad school hopes and I totally KICK ASS in my Poli Sci classes and speak the fuck up and ace the exams, essays, and presentations. And I take as many Poli Sci classes that are considered "pre law." I do love History though, but I'm almost done so it's a little late to change majors. I did that about 4 times between my freshman and sophomore year.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    ??? Well generally girls with their heads screwed on straight do want to go to school and prepare themselves for a real career. SJG
  • georgebailey
    8 years ago
    I've met professionals who said they danced to pay for school.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    I've met mostly strippers in their 20's who have such a huge ego that they say they are doing(or are going to do) such great things in life. It sounds really good coming out of their mouths and then you ask a few questions about their career aspirations only to find out there's a huge disconnect from what they're saying and reality. Of course a 20 something year old has no idea what reality is therefore they are too dumb to understand that what they are saying is trivial bullshit, and meaningless drivel. But the smarter people just nod their heads and politely agree while pandering to get their sexual needs satisfied. The strip club is a fantasy land, and strippers get addicted to the fact that they can get by with their BS and not be held accountable inside the club. Outside the club is where they get bitch slapped into reality and can't make it as real life professionals, because bullshits doesn't walk.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Meat, are you mostly talking to stripper who are into alcohol and drugs? SJG
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    SJG I'm talking about every stripper because obviously they have short sighted aspirations of making quick dollars in an easy fashion. They want the easy way out and don't realize they are compromising the losses on long term goals because of wasted time being in the club. Their short term aspirations cause them to believe all is great in the club, and I've yet to meet a successful stripper outside of the club.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Interesting, but I have known ones who are going to school, and in some cases to become nurses. Some other parameters which might be relevant: 1. Softer core club 2. Free of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, born again Christianity, and psychiatric medication 3. Not White, Filipino. Another case, girl who was high tech firm manager of accounts payable. Items 1 and 2 same. Was Asian American. Another case was bank loan officer. Items 1 and 2 same, was Black. These girls at the softer core club were not anything like hookers. Others talking about pre-med school. Other who was indeed a most professional hooker did take a computer class and get a day job. Others who were professional hookers did want to learn about computers. Other, not professional hooker, and white, had been also working as super market cashier. Other, white, not professional hooker, was going to Graphic Arts School. SJG
  • rec0na0dcim
    8 years ago
    Ss/ EST.119A
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion