tuscl

I Was A Stripper, I Didn’t Need To Be ‘Saved’

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Saturday, January 23, 2016 4:27 AM
"But the suggestion that women choose to strip because they are broken, don’t know their worth, or lack self-esteem isn’t entirely correct. I used to be enraged when men would tell me I was “too pretty” or “too smart” to be a stripper." [view link]

11 comments

• JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    "Why not instead decide to take risks, be uncomfortable for a moment, try something new, do something that scares you? Talk to the little red-haired girl. The only thing you have to lose is a lifetime of wondering what if." Outstanding philosophy. I could've written that. And I agree that while many strippers are there cause their lives are a fucked up disaster, many others are there for the same reasons that we all do our jobs.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    TL:DR stopped caring.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Some girls might take it as a compliment while other girls get angry at little things. The guy doesn't know what he said wrong when he was trying to compliment her on looks or something else. I do understand someone getting angry at the guy's apparent condescending attitude about strip clubs if that was her job. However people are ignorant and don't know jack. Just because everyone else is an idiot shouldn't be a reason to get angry at everyone but it can happen.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    Took the time to read the story and alright, she's a rare exception, but good luck to many men trying that with a stripper. Asking for a date. She is gonna lie cheat and possibly steal from you before she considers a "date" with you. Many of these strippers are exclusively about money and fuck yo feelings. And as far as not wanting to be saved, sure many women in the strip club START OFF like that. But if their life is failing exponentially, then I'm sure they would not mind a WEALTHY OLDER man to save her. Only obvious exception is young celebrities.
  • Clackport
    8 years ago
    Interesting.
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    They may want a older wealthy guy to save them as in be a sugar daddy, but I doubt many of them are looking for somebody to take them out of the club and make a house wife out of them.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    My view is that Blacks, Latinas, and Asians dance and do sex work in order to earn a living. Whites do it because for some reason the straight and narrow is closed to them, and this is almost always because of familial abuses. All you need to show in order to establish this is animosity. But then these Whites can be further divided into two groups. Those without political awareness, i.e. shit heads. And those with political awareness, understanding that our world is at core unfair. These women are extremely interesting and I want to know all of them. SJG Frances Fox Piven [view link]
  • GACA
    8 years ago
    "I got my cape on tight for these strippers" Captn-Save-A-Hoe
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    [view link] Yes, it is a good article. When you can find a stripper / sex worker who is self aware, you have a real treasure. In my experience though, they are more common in softer core venues, like our own no touching clubs. We would get lots of refugees from San Francisco who explained that they did not like working in a brothel. Some of these girls were really self aware. I know that at S.F. Crazy Horse, a 'Jack Shack', that there are lots of such girls. SJG
  • Bigtallbonerboy
    8 years ago
    Ya if I met a stripper that thought she didn't need to be shaved Id give her the boot. Next please!
  • former_stripper
    8 years ago
    Some do, some don't. You can usually tell by things like how long they've been dancing and whether it looks like they make money. Many guys will give a backhanded compliment, like say you need another job, and then suggest low class menial job that is harder and means working more hours.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion