tuscl

Hookah at Strip Clubs

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Hookah is a plague taking over strip clubs. I am running into more and more strip clubs that are renting out hookah/water pipes. The sad part is that a lot of these kids smoking this shit don't realize it is just as bad as cigarette smoking. In fact, smoking a hookah for an hour is like smoking ten cigarettes.

Here are the other reasons I hate hookah:
1) Draws in mostly young guys who just want to smoke and not spend money. They loiter take up tables in the club for spenders.
2) Exposing patrons to secondhand smoke.
3) This shit smells bad.
4) Spreads disease. Usually the whole table sucks off the same mouthpiece. Who knows if some of these cheapass strip clubs even disinfect the pipes between different parties ordering them.

10 comments

• GoVikings
    9 years ago
    i haven't seen this yet. a hunch tells me its something you're a lot more likely to see in dive clubs. now that's not to say you won't find it in upscale clubs, but if i had to guess, i'd say it's probably more prevalent in dives

in general i can't stand smoke. but being around hookah smoke (to me) isn't nearly as bad as cig smoke. clubs that are smoke free are a big plus for me.

thanks for the heads up on this, sinclair!
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Nothing is allowed to be smoked indoors in IL so I haven't seen this. I don't miss the days of coming home reeking of tobacco smoke so I hope the laws don't change.
  • Phoenix133
    9 years ago
    At the club I worked at before some management changes they had hookah's there. My bf and I stopped in to see how the club was and I was planning to chat with a friend who worked there. I didn't like the fact that people were smoking hookah's inside, like you said they were not paying and were just sitting at a table in the corner passing it back and forth. :( I also found out later that not sure if it was a manager or just a bartender but some male that use to work there I guess was also a drug dealer so there is a chance that some nights people were smoking weed out of those hookah's. -_-

It just made the place feel like a dump, and trashy.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    I noticed that as well. There are some clubs that are resistant to the plague but definetely many are making the change. Especially more urban but popular strip clubs. Personally, being that they have a sectioned off space, I just ignore them. Doesn't change whether or not I get with the ladies. The smoke doesn't travel that far across strip clubs (unless it's an incredibly small space) and since I myself don't hang around the bar or smoke tobacco (or nicotine) I don't care.

Or it could just be that I'm a New Yorker, and become desensitized to people smoking around me in the street. I know how to deal with secondhand smoke effectively.
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    About a year ago they started renting hookahs at a club (Stars) I used to frequent in orlando. It pissed me off because I don't smoke and they took up my favorite sitting area. And the club is small to begin with. The club had recently undergone a renovation and actually looks quite nice so it isn't a dive. I think they quit the hookah experiment after a couple of months. I haven't been there much lately since I have learned to travel to Cocoa Beach for better clubbing.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    It's gross. Luckily they only ever sell it Friday and Saturday night. It's usually a sign for me to leave when the hookah is going
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Yeah – I've noticed it too – there are probably cities that have very strict smoking ordinances that don't even allow hookah smoking thus why it's probably not seen in some areas.

I think it's a trend of many SCs trying to become nightclub/strip-club hybrids to attract more custies (including females and couples) probably in order to survive in this day and age.

I can't stand cig smoke and can't understand why there are local authorities that think it's harmful to smoke inside office buildings and restaurants but non inside bars or nightclubs? I wish smoking indoors would be banned EVERYWHERE – but the hookah smoke has not bothered me – isn't it supposed to just be sorta water-vapor like e-cigarettes?

But yeah – I hate spectators at a club especially in clubs that just have floor-dances (no separate dance area) and the spectators take up the good seats for hours on end just spectating.
  • clubdude
    9 years ago
    Hookahs appear to be making a big splash on the 8 Mile clubs. Then again, just about all the D club allow smoking.
  • sinclair
    9 years ago
    I was actually way off above, saying one hour of hookah is like smoking ten cigarettes. According to thetruth.com:

--A typical 60 minute hookah session is the same as smoking 100 cigarettes.
    --Those glowing amber charcoals used on hookahs, they release high levels of dangerous toxic agents like carbon monoxide, metals and cancer-causing chemicals.
    --Hookah smoke has been associated with oral, lung and bladder cancer, not to mention clogged arteries and heart disease.
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    Hookahs? I thought they were called hookers?

Seriously though, I've never seen a hookah in any of the clubs I've been in. If I did find myself in a club that allowed hookah smoking I would probably find a nearby club that was smoke free to visit instead.

On the other hand, if a club allows hookers I'm all for it. ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion