tuscl

Off-Topic: How did it get to be 2016?

With the new year nearly here, I was sitting back and thinking about the passage of time today. With the arrival of 2016, we really are now on the downward slope toward 2020, which is so strange to me. The '90s seem both close and immensely far away at the same time. It seems like, from 2005 to 2015, the years were placed in an accelerator of some sort and just flew by.

Anyway, just getting a bit philosophical. Bottom line: Time is strange.

16 comments

• crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Tume marches on...very quickly sometimes
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Time...dam sausage fangers
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    To me, the 1970's seem recent. How did I go from being a young man to an old man?
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    jackslash, good point, then again, i did a sizable amount of drugs, so my memory is suspect. 2020. Bring it !!
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    The Y2K panic. We all thought the world as we know it might come to a stop. It does seem like yesterday.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    Time is a blur anymore. I can't even tell the days apart anymore. Its just work, sleep, repeat.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    As a child of the 40's, I was told time speeds up as one gets older. I can vouch for that these days. My years are getting to seem like months used to be 60 years ago! :)

I bet they are weeks to sc! :)
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    So true, as you get older your perception of time changes and you start to feel like there is too little of it.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I just wonder how much of it is left.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Shit
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Mr. Fox,allow time and tide to work for your benefit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Yeah; it’s a getting-older thing – I remember back in elementary school a school-year seemed like a lifetime – now a calendar-year seems like a few weeks.

One could argue that besides our health; time is the next most precious resource we have and perhaps we should be more cognizant of how quickly it does go by and focus on making the most of it rather than lamenting how quickly it goes by.
  • JackKash
    9 years ago
    "You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today. And then when day you find 10 years have got behind you..."
  • sandyman
    9 years ago
    Life is like a roll of toilet tissue. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ nice analogy
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion