tuscl

Motorhead NOOOOOOOOO! :-(

Monday, December 28, 2015 8:09 PM
"Lemmy Kilmister, the lead singer and bassist of Motörhead and a heavy metal icon for six decades, passed away Monday after a battle with cancer. Kilmister turned 70 on Christmas Eve. The band's official Facebook confirmed Kilmister's passing, "There is no easy way to say this… our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer." to read full article, click here: [view link]

17 comments

• mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Damn, Lemmy was an icon. He started as a roadie for Hendrix.
  • former_stripper
    8 years ago
    Very sad. Very talented.
  • magicrat
    8 years ago
    Just saw this. Damn another old rocker lost!
  • rl27
    8 years ago
    Oh man no. Lemmy and Motorhead's style influenced many of my favorite bands. Without Lemmy there would be no speed metal or thrash metal, and all the other offshoots down the line. He will be missed. Hopefully someone will take up his banner soon, before all the good music is gone, and we are left with fucking manufactured pop.
  • rattdog
    8 years ago
    first weiland now lemmy. who is it going to next? page? blackmore? slash? maybe we should start some sort of old-time rocker dead pool here?
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Rest in Peace dude.
  • Sundry_Misc
    8 years ago
    70 years for Lemmy is like 217 for a normal guy. Eddie Trunk mentioned that Lemmy would have wanted beers, not tears. I'll just play 'Ace Of Spades' and 'No Sleep 'til Hammersmith', and when the neighbors ask to turn it down, I'll just crank it up more. Lemmy'll like that I'm sure.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    It's been rumored that Lemmy slept with 2000 women. That's a total fabricated lie -- it's only 1200
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    King of the one hit wonders, but when it's a hit that has influenced 2-3 generations of bands, it's a lifetime accomplishment. RIP Ian.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    I first heard Lemmy's thunderous bass playing on Hawkwinds Space Ritual Live album. A space/rock band to the max. Bet you guys haven't heard of them.
  • ellocohombre
    8 years ago
    We are Motorhead and we are here to play rock and roll. Heard Lemmy speak those words 2 months ago at the Tower Theatre in Philly. Fuckin awesome music,play it loud,play it proud.
  • tumblingdice
    8 years ago
    C'mon Barackstar.Lemmy was as rare as a "three legged buffalo"or a "55 double die".
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    I honestly only know Lemmy from Motorhead's doing theme music for the wrestler HHH. He did two for HHH and one for a faction HHH was in. The two for HHH as a solo act are probably the two best wrestler entrance themes ever.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    TIME TO PLAY THE GAME! Hahahaha
  • Clackport
    8 years ago
    My favorite wrestling theme song was the entrance music for Stone Cold Steve Austin, the glass breaking, I don't know who did that song. My second favorite is D Generation X's entrance song.
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    I think the original Stone Cold song - or at least the widely used one that everyone knows - was a WWE production: guy who did all those was a Jim something, last name started with J (I think)...he had one by an actual group when he came back from neck surgery that I didn't like too much, but the one he had shortly in 2001 when he was with the Alliance (which may be #3 on my list: it's either that or 'Voices' by Rev Theory for Randy Orton) was awesome: just a short instrumental. I work out to that one often.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    I was never a motorhead fan to any major degree. Maybe I just got a listen to some of the suckass songs and every band seems to have. BUT, I just listened to Sundry_Misc's "playlist" of 'Ace Of Spades' and 'No Sleep 'til Hammersmith'. They kicked ass! Guess I'll do some motor youtubin' this evening. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion