tuscl

An idea for TUSCL and founder?

Clubber
Florida
From The Telegraph:

"Twitter vows to wage war on internet trolls"

"Bruce Daisley, head of website in Europe, says it will expose the worst offenders by encouraging people to share lists of blocked users"

We've sort of done it a bit here a bit, but I believe with the numskull trolls here, it wouldn't put a dent in their stupidity!

16 comments

• RandomMember
    9 years ago
    I agree with Clubber. Trolls interfere with the sacred mission of this board. We really need to maintain enough bandwidth to come up with pet names for all of JohnSmith's prostitutes.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "I agree with Clubber. Trolls interfere with the sacred mission of this board. We really need to maintain enough bandwidth to come up with pet names for all of JohnSmith's prostitutes."

Brilliant!
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    I'm not sure if Clubber is joking, but I'll give a serious answer. I don't really use twitter and it is possible that calling people out will work there, but I don't think it is a good idea here. In the time I've been posting I've observed two things about trolling on TUSCL.

First, a lot of people seem to confuse trolling with "posting stuff I don't like." Trolling implies intent to piss somebody off or stir up trouble. It seems to me that a lot of people call random joke (or even serious) posts that aren't directed at them "troll posts."

Second, the sure way to defeat trolls is to ignore them. But that means really ignoring them. Dougster was effective at trolling rickdugan because Dougster could spend 5 seconds bumping a thread about rickdugan and rickdugan would periodically respond. This happened despite the fact that rickdugan supposedly had Dougster on ignore!

Making it easy for somebody to troll you is a sure way to get trolled.

I know some people have me on ignore and I don't care. In some cases I might be slightly interested in what they have to say, but not enough for me to say something about it. I only have one person on ignore, and that was because he repeated the same stupid shit over and over and it bored me. I don't know whether if he's still repeating the same stupid shit because I have him on ignore. And I also don't care if he's still repeating the same stupid shit. I read the forum because it makes me laugh. I can't picture stupid shit that I'm ignoring suddenly becoming funny.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I have said this before and I will say it again
    "Some of these guys are actually funny if you don't enjoy the joke maybe its on you "
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Personally, I think this site's "Ignore" feature is one of the best solutions to the troll problem I've seen, even without publicizing our lists. Even better than explicit moderation, as *I* get to decide what constitutes problem posts, not some moderator who either only cares about his own particular peccadilloes, or tries to please everybody who's ever complained, and waters things down too much.

I know that it's cleaned up *my* experience quite a bit, whatever some might say about not being able to hack it.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ this guy loves having his head up his ass. He prefers the smell of shit over humor
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    25+1
  • RedJohnson
    9 years ago
    A good start...

4got2wipe [restore]
    BagBoyJames [restore]
    BBBJBecky [restore]
    bigblowjob [restore]
    BigTuna1 [restore]
    BlueLion [restore]
    Caprisun69 [restore]
    crazyjoe [restore]
    Dougster [restore]
    Dougster_Izzakunt [restore]
    Dracula [restore]
    Duke69 [restore]
    Gucci_Mane [restore]
    Hard4Dancers [restore]
    JackFrost9 [restore]
    jester2I4 [restore]
    Joker420 [restore]
    juicebox69 [restore]
    juiicebox69 [restore]
    just_the_nuts [restore]
    LordxBetty [restore]
    Meat72 [restore]
    mikeya02 [restore]
    originaljuicebox69 [restore]
    Rech [restore]
    Rechthaberei [restore]
    rickthelion [restore]
    RickyBoyDugan [restore]
    rickydugan [restore]
    san_jose_guy [restore]
    slaux.pas [restore]
    SnackBox69 [restore]
    Super_Mane [restore]
    TheProphetJuice [restore]
    tobala [restore]
    tumblingdice [restore]
    txtittyfag [restore]
    warhawks [restore]
    zipman68 [restore]
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    ^^ haha nice list. I love it
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Posting an ignore list is just another way of trolling, to crazyjoe/ I guess he just doesn't get the joke.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I would really like it if YouTube had an ignore list that worked as good as the one here. I might actually log in to use the site if they had the feature and all posts of people ignored or videos disappeared and the search results eliminated all the junk they posted. They used to display pages and pages going back a long time but now if you search for something that some like to spam or troll, you see pages and pages of junk or spam. I would add an ignore list on YouTube that removes all posts and videos from search results you do but that might be too much data screening for YouTube or google to handle and slow down their site. The other problem is that spammers or trolls keep changing user names.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    to RedJohnson: My ignore list is a sizable subset of yours. I keep dougster and san_jose_guy around because they occasionally have interesting things to say, unlike the vast majority of your list. Ignoring some of these clowns makes checking the discussion board much more pleasant and efficient.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    I wasn't going to add to this thread because I've said my piece above, but I really dislike hypocrites!

I hadn't seen many RedJohnson posts despite his extensive ignore list so I was curious how much he actually contributes to the board. He has 2 reviews (same as me) and 8 comments on discussion topics. I also noticed that one of the comments was to a crazyjoe thread, who RedJohnson claims to have on ignore, where he said:

"No Joe, because only douchbags go to the club with empty pockets. Get a fucking job dirtbag."

So 10% of RedJohnson's contributions are posting his ignore list and another 10% is trolling crazyjoe!

Who exactly is the troll here?

• 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    I probably shouldn't have posted that, but it just irritates me when people spend more time complaining about trolls than actually contributing. I don't know what crazyjoe said or did that pissed RedJohnson off but I can't for the life of me figure out why he puts crazyjoe on ignore, then reads a crazyjoe thread, and then attacks crazyjoe.

Why would anybody do that? The only reason I can think of is "he did it because he is a non-brilliant d-bag!" :(

OK, now I've said my piece on the topic!
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    "I'm not sure if Clubber is joking..."

It was done "tongue in cheek". As others have said, the ignore function works well here. I had a good laugh the other evening. One person had about 20 consecutive posts in one thread, obviously dealing with someone I have on ignore. Looked like they were "talking" to themselves. :)
  • chattguy123
    9 years ago
    Its interesting to see that 60% or more of everyones ignore list are juice alts. I hope he finds someone to hug him so hes less starved for attention.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion