tuscl

NOLA strip club scene

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
I've been reading the reviews on New Orleans clubs in preparation for an upcoming trip to the Big Easy. I'm getting the impression that the clubs, especially those in the French Quarter, are over priced and that contact and extras are severely restricted. For those familiar with the Big Easy scene, can you confirm my assessment or do you have some hints for better options than the clubs that are located in the French Quarter? If my bleak assessment is correct, whatever happened to New Orleans?? Should I redirect my strip club interests and focus on civvies??

15 comments

• 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    Read my review of Lipstixx! It was my fuck up but the story is indicative of the potential pitfalls! And don't partake of too many hurricanes before clubbing! Hurricanes have a way of making the little head veto the big head! When the clubs are expensive and the strippers greedy you need your wits about you!
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    People say that if you want the real thing, the dives, then it's Passions, Visions, and maybe She She's?

Does that sound right, all out in an area away from Bourbon St.

Either that or it's the Chartres and Iberville places?

Sound right?

SJG
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    Depends on where you're coming from. Most people would consider the Quarter clubs overpriced, but if you're coming from CA or Vegas then you may see things differently. Penthouse fits your impression, from my experience. Never tried any of the other Quarter spots, but it seems they have 'horror' stories like 4got's. Seems like dances are $40 and up everywhere except a couple places on the east side: Visions and Passions. Visions has slowed down since they changed the dance structure. Passions is all-black, so if that's not your thing then forget I mentioned it (even though dances are the cheapest in town at $20 and extras are readily available).
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Where ever it is available, all black will be my thing. Save the other colors until I am there a bit longer and have more time to browse and select, get to know people, and know what I am doing.

In Sunnyvale CA, Cheetah's, nude air dances are $40 and guys are tipping on top of that.

:)

SJG
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    typically, tourist areas (such as the french quarter and much of vegas) don't offer a lot of bang for the buck
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Don't have any personal NOLA experience but my understanding is that most of the clubs are not worth it; basically tourist-traps that exist to milk tourists while giving them close to NOTHING.

Visions is about the only club I recall that was not too bad but I have not kept up w/ its reviews for a while now.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    I was in New Orleans a few years back and while walking down Bourbon Street one afternoon I spotted Larry Flynt's Hustler Club. I walked in and checked it out. It was OK, as I sat there a very fine brunette strolled through the room, I beckoned her over, we talked, and I decided to experience the VIP with her.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Contact was limited and they had a vending machine setup where you had to feed money into it to buy dances. She was fine, I am used to exceptionally high mileage, but there it didn't happen.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    "vending machine setup "

No good! It is to make sure that the club and the girls pay their taxes.

For public morality, it is good. But for mongers, no good.

Play with the girl in the front room, or OTC.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Also lets the house take a deeper cut.

SJG
  • Electronman
    9 years ago
    Thanks for the advice. Visions and Passions sound like they have some potential. But given the pretty bleak reports on the French Quarter clubs this might be a good time to check out the civvies who want to flash some skin on Bourbon Street.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I have read accounts of girls in the Bourbon Street clubs getting beyond the front door in order to make package grabs. Maybe someone tells them they are required to keep the other hand on the door jam, to keep it within bounds.

To me that would be the advantage of Bourbon Street and of that one of a kind place NOLA. Seamless integration between the street and what goes on indoors.

In my mind's eyes, the girls who would be doing this are Black. And that will be just fine with me.

Otherwise I would go to Passions, She She's, and Visions.

Only other place I could imagine this seamless integration of indoors and outdoors, would be TJ or Nuevo Laredo. No line of separation between club dancer / hookers and street hookers. The girls come outside when it slows down inside. They go back in as it gets more busy inside. This is how I hope I will find it when I go there.

Still living my gray flannel life.

SJG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBtLClr_…
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Passions is all-black in case you are not aware and in case that is not your thing.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    That is why Passions is the first place I plan to go there!

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion