tuscl

Why do some strippers refer to CUSTOMERS as FRIENDS but REFUSE to see them OUTSI

Monday, January 19, 2004 3:00 PM
Why is it that some strippers refer to CUSTOMERS as FRIENS but REFUSE to see them OUTSIDE THE CLUB for FREE?? What kind of "FRIENDSHIP" is this?

13 comments

• ReportRL2Cops
    20 years ago
    RL needs to be brought to the attention of law enforcement. He exibits all the traits of a serial murderer/rapist. I urge everyone who reads this to send a complaint or report to the Houston police. RL needs to be removed from general society, he is criminaly insane. PLEASE EVERYONE REPORT RL TO POLICE- IT WILL SAVE LIVES. You report him annonomously by US mail if you want. Or you can send an email or make a phone call. If enough of us take action it will make a difference. In closing I will repeat PLEASE EVERYONE REPORT RL TO POLICE- IT WILL SAVE LIVES. You can reort him by mail at the following address: Houston Police Department 1200 Travis Street Houston TX 77002 or you can call it in: Sex Crimes Division (Adults) (713) 308-1180 Please report him asap and help save lives!
  • RomanticLover
    20 years ago
    Do you see them OUTSIDE THE CLUB for FREE?
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Good discussion Yoda. I've actually found it to be pretty easy to stike up a business-friendship with dancers. All you have to do is be polite and treat them with respect, and after several visits they will be very glad to see you and treat you as a friend regardless of how much money you spend on them, because it's so rare for them to be treated well at work. And you're absolutely right about the friendships you strike up at work. Leave the company and the industry so that you are of no use career-wise to these people and see how many stay in touch.
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    There are many levels of friendship both in stripclubs and in the "real world". People who share lunch in the company cafeteria may refer to each other as friends but, outside of the work environment or an occasional social gathering, how many of these people would you really trust? How well do you actually know them? Dancers will often refer to a regular who treats them well as a friend. This does not neccessarily imply anything other than the fact that the dancer feels she can trust you not to rip her off or get grabby in a way that disturbs her. Losers like RL need to understand that calling someone a friend does not mean that a business relationship can not exist between those two people. It happens all the time in the real world as well as in strip clubs. Like FONDL, my best friend is a also an ex-dancer and the seeds of the friendship were sown while she was dancing. There is no financial aspect to our relationship and there hasn't been since she stopped dancing. I have other dancer friends who still dance but I do not spend money on them in the clubs and, in fact, I try to avoid going in when they are working. More than anything, a true freindship involves trust. Believe it or not, dancers look for and appreciate this quality as it is sometimes rare among both customers and co-workers when they are at work. True friendship is rare and the components involved have little to do with what two people do for a living. Those who don't understand this will never have to worry about a woman's intentions when she calls you a friend.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    My closest friend is a former stripper who I met in her club 7 years ago. By the time she quit we had already established a friendship outside the club and it just continued. Maybe it doesn't happen often but it does happen.
  • RomanticLover
    20 years ago
    If you are PAYING, then how is it FRIENDSHIP?
  • topcat2
    20 years ago
    1 About 1/2 do see customers outside. It's still business so an appropriate gift is generally expected. 2. Don't servers in a resturant and small business owners treat regular customers as friends. Would you accuse them of fraud if they refused to go out with you. 3. If you want to see a dancer outside you have to get to know her at work, let her know enough about you so she is comfortable you are not a stalker or worse. Most important you have to be someone they would enjoy being with. 4 Dancers are probally the most difficult of all women to date. Think about the competion and the lines they here every day.
  • JimJazz
    20 years ago
    To answer the topics question they refuse to see you outside the club because they are smart and their safety and well being are important to them. I would also really like to see RL answer #2 in the post above mine, but I won't be holding my breath.
  • georgec
    20 years ago
    Simple- they're lying. A good many of them also wouldn't recognize a real friend if they tripped over him/her. It's all about dollar bills. Period. -georgec
  • Brent
    20 years ago
    Just like with the general population, not all patrons are nice guys. Maybe moreso with tittie bars. Going places with customers sounds like a good way to get raped, sodomized or end up with your head in a ditch. My wife knows a girl that simply dissappeared off the face of the planet like that and no one has seen or heard from her since. What's worse is that no one seemed to care that much either. The club owners didn't care at all.
  • TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    Perhaps they don't want to see you outside of the club, since you are obviously an insane woman hating lunatic!
  • aluga
    20 years ago
    The call customers friends to imply that you mean more to her than other customers. She already has a life outside the bar, and doesn't want/need/desire her customer to be a part of it. At best the customer becomes a "bar buddy".
  • Clean and Sober
    20 years ago
    That isn't a real friendship. Sounds like the dancers are taking advantage of poor saps.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion