tuscl

Fighting fire with fire?

gawker
Older than dirt
My ATF who lives in New England (6 individual states, Dr. Carson) called me today from Tijuana. She flew to San Diego earlier this week, was met at the airport by a young man who drove her to Mexico and brought her to a mansion. She's been a hard core full blown heroin addict for 15 of her 30 years she has been in residential treatment programs at least 20 times but has always been dependent on methadone when emerging. Upon arrival she was given OxyContin, and after 2 days was given dimythltriptolate (DMT) an hallucinogenic drug and during her 7 hour "trip" was asked to relive various trauma from her youth. Tomorrow she'll begin a 7 day hullicinogenic experience using another drug, which is allegedly derived from an African plant and is used for religious purposes by certain indigenous tribes. During this week she will have intense psychotherapy and will stay at the mansion (swimming pool, private chef, etc.) for a period of time after the drugged therapy.
I read the program's web site where many claims of miraculous cures for addicts are described. Has anyone ever heard of this type of treatment? I wonder if it's worth the $7000 fee. I told her if it doesn't work out she might be able to find work at The Hong Kong.

16 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Going to Mexico for drug treatment seems like letting the fox guard the hen house. Is it $7000 per week or what and who is paying it?
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Time to walk away gawker...we have been hearing this shit from you for years
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Sounds pretty extreme and a bit too New Age-y, but you never know either. Good luck to her.
  • Dancer_
    9 years ago
    I know that it is only your business but personally I wouldn't stick my dick into heroin addict.:/ I hope that you always took precautions doing that though.

Anyhow, this shit sounds like scam. I never heard of it!
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Working at Hong Kong seems more likely than recovering from her addiction.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    And there is a Santa Claus and Easter Bunny!
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    How do you fight Fire?

http://youtu.be/YTF2OUhGupE
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Moto,all to funny and all to true.Gawker, if this is the life you choose to lead I hold zero compassion for your plight.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Ibogaine?
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    So, $7,000 you get to take drugs, whine about your past drama, swim in a pool in warm and sunny Mexico and have a personal chef. This sounds like a dream vacation for JS69
  • dallas702
    9 years ago
    Northern Mexico has long been the choice location for all kinds of, "miracle cures ignored by the medical establishment." Back in the 80s, my brother-in-law sought treatment for cancer after US doctors gave him a poor prognosis. The US doctors gave him 2 years or more to live if he underwent surgery and radiation treatments. The clinic in Mexico (also near Tijuana) promised him a full recovery. He was dead 5 months after he began treatment in Mexico. Cancer clinic scams, like that one, were a fad then, but many are still doing the same thing.

Not all clinics in Northern Mexico are scams, but many are. Even the legit clinics (including weight loss, drug rehab, plastic surgery and physical rehab) tend to significantly over-promise.

I hope your ATF is in a legit clinic, and that her outcome is good!
  • rockie
    9 years ago
    This is not a Gawker sponsored treatment. Gawker gets to observe this event play out on someone else's dime. It makes for a better viewing - no matter what transpires.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    "So, $7,000 you get to take drugs, whine about your past drama, swim in a pool in warm and sunny Mexico and have a personal chef. This sounds like a dream vacation for JS69."

For $7 K, I want a beach and a dream stripper to be included.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    Dougster - yes it is ibogaine. As Rockie said, this is not on my dime. My take on this "clinic" is that it will stand a better chance of success if she believes it will work. She, through the years has described for me the "trauma" which impacted her in her formative years and her 7 days of "psychotherapy" while tripping will offer her an opportunity to blame her upbringing for her failings and give her one more reason to live life sober. If she doesn't, she'll be dead soon.
    Dancer 95 you probably are right more than 90% of the time, but I've been a bareback customer of hers for 6 years and never caught a thing.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Personally – many of those that I've known have overcome serious drug-addiction did it thru religion.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Jesus saved Johnny Cash. He ought to know, cause he was there
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion