tuscl

So are one of you guys Joe Campbell? lost about $140,000 on a single trade

Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:52 PM
Should get PL award or something.

17 comments

• sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    link [view link] ouch, that's gotta hurt.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    He started a gofundme page if you wish to help this guy who lost his shirt shorting a stock. I was wondering how old he was. Might make money selling his story.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Damn no wonder Dougster's been so quiet this week! I think he should kill his wife and collect insurance money. That seems to be the best bail out.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I'll start a gofundme account so people can help me pay for my strippers. I wonder if this guy will contribute?
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    But, but... He was just following txtittyfan's financial advice.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    The comments are entertaining too. One was he should have saved the gofundme page for his divorce fees. Another was talk to a bankruptcy attorney before liquidating 401k's.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    But now he can say oops, or double oops!
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I read this story for a 2nd time and it's doesn't make total sense. I mean what happened did but think about this... Dude was okay with playing with and possibly losing $37k, but is virtually going to have to liquidate everything to cover $105k. Sounds like $37k was too much to play with to begin with.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Depends on his age. I can see guys in their 20s risking it all on one bet. If you get wiped out you have time to rebuild. After that it gets progressively less wise.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    Being on the wrong side of a short is the worst. I had a similar thing happen to me with Expedia and another travel site years ago. I lost 200% of my short. It didn't happen overnight but over a period when those stocks wouldn't go down.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    This stock keeps going up. It was under $2 last Tuesday and it is now $40. That's 2000% in under a week.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    This has turned into a strange one(stranger than movies). The guy who took over this drug company(ticker KBIO) just got arrested. The stock was under $1, then over $40 in just 2 weeks, now it looks like it will lose over half it's value probably more(it's currently halted). The guy who shorted the stock is still fucked b/c his broker probably closed out his position long ago. [view link]
  • Confucious
    9 years ago
    The BBC dubbed him the “most hated man in America.” Jacked up the price of a lifesaving pill from $13.50 to $750. He said if he could have done it over, “I probably would have raised the price higher. When Hillary Clinton tried one more time last month to get him to cut the cost, he dismissed her with the tweet “lol.” Confucious say bad man getting justice.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    to sflguy I read that also this morning and I was thinking to myself who else has this Shkreli guy fucked over
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    He got arrested this AM but was tweeting as recently as yesterday. [view link] Including bailing rapper Bobby Shmurda(I never heard of him either) out of jail. But now who is gonna bail Martin out of jail?
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Shkreli & Schmerda-- Isn't that a law firm
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    I can't get enough of this guy. He has to have a basic cable movie made about him. How many ponzi scheming, drug cost raising, Wu-Tang $2M album buying, acting like a reality show star, CEO's live stream? Then get arrested the next day. [view link] [view link] [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion