tuscl

How much does public transportation cost in your area ?

Thursday, October 29, 2015 11:48 AM
Bouncing off of Shaling thread "how much does gas cost in your area" and trying to stay with the gas theme was curious to how cheap or expensive public transportation was in your location?

19 comments

• 72_os
    9 years ago
    Second part to the question is Is the transportation good or sucks ass ?
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    I'm in Asheville NC and you can ride a bus as cheap as $1 or just by a month pass for $20 to ride unlimited until next month of course Know the quality of the service is getting better in comparison to the past years. But, even with that sad it doesn't reach all over town deep enough so you can't quite just ditch your car and ride the bus for your mane source of getting around unless you lived and worked downtown The time only runs from 6am to 9pm yea lol and we just started running on the weekend
  • rickthelion
    9 years ago
    I travel so it varies. But I don't pay. What's the driver going to do? Kick me off? Drivers know I'll go wildebeest on their ass if they kick me off.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Yo Asheville!?! Have you checked out Sierra Nevadas new brewery? Public transportation is non-exists where I live. There are buses but nobody uses them. Taxis are limited and über was blocked which is desperately needed. If über was here I would go out and drink a lot more when I am home. On the road I use uber and cabs a lot especially clubbing, unless I want to hop through several clubs in one night then I drive myself and refrain from drinking.
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    Of course I have buddy
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Detroit has little public transportation. There are some buses, but I have no idea what they cost. Everyone drives. I occasionally use a cab to to to the airport.
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    From what I have read with exception to NY is manly the West Cost has perfect public transportation and the mid west and the East Cost is way behind
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    Where I live now public transportation sucks but where I used to live you didn't need a car to get around since bus and train routes were everywhere.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    I used PT when I worked in [view link] in Cola.S.Carolina, never,why would I expose myself to the critters
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    It's like $2.50 for 2 hours. It's like 5 or 10 bucks for a all day pass. Public transportation is pretty good in Portland, it's top ten in the country. I sometimes have anxiety driving, so I use public transportation a lot.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    I think the only public transportation around here is for the elderly and handicapped. Yeah i said handicapped, sue me.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    Public transit in Detroit sucks. When I was a teenager and had to take the bus to work it was terribly awful. I waited an hour and a half for an 8 mile bus once, which is unacceptable to me since there are THREE different routes that take the 8 mile stretch to Woodward Ave. If the buses run on time you shouldn't wait more than 10-15 mins for an 8 mile bus. When I was 16 I was with my sister and our friend on a metro Detroit bus through the suburbs. It was just us and the bus driver on the bus. He literally pulled to the side of the road, stopped the bus, and put his head down on the steering wheel for a while before telling us, "I'm takin' a break," and making us GET OFF THE BUS. wtf? Ugh and in a cab a round trip to and from work is like $120. So I usually find a ride from a friend if it's a night I know I will be drinking, but there are times when I just have to shell out cash for a cab because a DUI isn't worth it... Most people drive here because it's undeniably more practical.
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    Damn that sucks Yea in my location you wait a hour as well
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    No clue. I've never used it.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    What's public transportation?
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    Lol
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I have no idea. Omaha's public transportation system only goes to my neighborhood twice a day and then only because I live within walking distance of the county court. But I never use it because it makes you go to the middle of Omaha first before going anywhere. The one time I used it, it was basically empty.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I have no idea. It's too slow to get me to work on time. Last time I rode the bus was jury duty years ago.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    My town's population is only 15,000. I think there are two uber cabs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion