tuscl

OT: Frivolous Lawsuits

whodey
Fat bastard that can afford to fuck hot strippers
I used to think that lawsuits by dancers against strip clubs claiming they are employees were frivolous. This suit brings frivolous to a whole new level.

A woman sued her 12-year-old nephew in Connecticut for $127,000 for injuries she says she suffered from his exuberant greeting at his birthday party four years ago.

The Connecticut Post reports that New York City resident Jennifer Connell said the Westport boy acted unreasonably when he leaped into her arms at his eighth-birthday party.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-sues-n…

The lawsuit states: "The injuries, losses and harms to the plaintiff were caused by the negligence and carelessness of the minor defendant in that a reasonable eight year old under those circumstances would know or should have known that a forceful greeting such as the one delivered by the defendant to the plaintiff could cause the harms and losses suffered by the plaintiff."

12 comments

• rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Holy crap - it should shock me this happened, but it doesn't.
  • deogol
    9 years ago
    That is one aunt who is about to experience snubs from the family. Sounds like a person to stay away from if she is out suing 8 yo's over hugging to hard.
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    I read something that suggested she was doing this because the boys mother had died and she was making a play for some inheritance money. It happened years ago apparently.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    I'll bet the family's homeowners insurance company settles for $50 or $60 grand.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Stripper lawsuits are not frivolous. To the contrary, they have substantial merit under current law and I think they have usually been either successful or led to generous settlements.

I read about the aunr's lawsuit. There is only one possible way that it makes sense- if the family has homeowners insurance that she expects to cover her alleged damages. Otherwise suing the kid is insane. And it's a shitty thing to do regardless, and likely frivolous on the merits.
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    I thought I had an aunt from hell but this one makes her look like an angel. I don't think stripper lawsuits are frivolous either because so many clubs take advantage of strippers (like claiming they are independent contractors but having tons of rules).
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    I had an aunt who was a total bitch but this is unbelievable. Someone is about to get cut out of a lot of family pictures.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    It said in the first paragraph that she lost; I wouldn't expect the insurance company to cut her a check for anything, other than normal and reasonable medical expenses.

And, wow, that's definitely an aunt who deserves to be scratched off the family's Christmas card list.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    JS69: "Stripper lawsuits are not frivolous. To the contrary, they have substantial merit under current law and I think they have usually been either successful or led to generous settlements."

I agree with JS69. Club owners cannot violate labor laws just because they can make more money that way. The rules defining independent contractors should be clear even to the mentally and morally challenged minds of strip club management. And the fact that strippers keep winning their lawsuits proves that the suits are not frivolous.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    The really depressing part of this story is that she found a lawyer that would go along with this lawsuit. BTW, I am not smearing all lawyers here. I just don't know if this particular vulture is that unethical or that stupid.
  • Toomuchcover
    9 years ago
    Smear away. Lawyers suck. Everyone knows that except lawyers.
  • metaldude
    9 years ago
    The kid just won, so the Aunt gets nothing... justice served.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion